- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Communication Matters in the Workplace
Course SummaryBusiness Communications: Help & Review is the simplest way to master business communications. This course teaches essential communications topics in an engaging video format, which can help you boost your grades, study for exams or improve your business communication skills in the workplace.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from business communications will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding how to develop different kinds of messages, create business reports and presentations, conduct business research methods and reporting, or any other business communications topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn business communications.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra business learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Business Communications final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are typical communication strategies for the workplace?
- How do I address the factors that affect group communication?
- What criteria are there for choosing spoken or written message delivery?
- How do I prepare a written message to capture an audience's attention?
- Why is it important to use electronic communications wisely?
- What does an outline for good and neutral messages look like?
- What are the five parts of a message that includes bad news?
- How can business messages be delivered persuasively?
- What are the ways in which data can be collected, analyzed, and reported in business communications?
- What are the best practices for using graphs?
- How are reports and proposals typically organized and prepared?
- What are some techniques for the successful delivery of a business presentation?
- How can job applications be modified for response to print and electronic job postings?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top Schools for Business Communications
- Business Communications Courses and Classes with Training Info
- Online Masters of Business Communications Degree Program Info
- Career Information for a Degree in Business Communications
- Business Communications Major and Certification Information
- Associates Degree in Business Communications: Program Overview
- Business Communications Degree and Certificate Program Overviews
- Distance Learning Bachelor of Business Communications Degree Info
- Business Communications Careers: Job Description, Requirements & Salary Info
- Business Communications, General
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses