- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 10
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is a Business Impact Analysis (BIA)?
Course SummaryInclude these lessons on business impact analysis in your corporate training program to help your managers understand how to use this type of analysis to minimize risk and create business continuity. This course can be accessed at any time and used in group or individual training.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Preparing for a rainy day (or drought-stricken decade) is an imperative of business organizations of all sizes. The lessons in this course walk managers through the process of conducting a business impact analysis (BIA) for just such occasions. We also describe in detail why a BIA is an essential function of business planning. Have employees watch the brief videos during corporate training events or assign them to individual employees as part of your internal certification process.
How It Works
These videos are versatile and compact, making it possible to squeeze brief training events into busy office and personal schedules. Managers and employees will have the flexibility to watch the videos at home on their personal computer or on the road on their mobile devices, and of course the videos can be screened in your office.
Make your training and evaluation process simple with course features including:
- A unique video interface with timeline to help you navigate to individual topics within each video during your training and discussion
- Self-correcting lesson quizzes to foster group discussion and check learning during interoffice events
- Chapter tests and a course exam to check employee understanding of the BIA process
- Memorable and fun graphics accompanying lessons by instructors who are experts in conducting a BIA
- Printable lesson transcripts on BIA execution you can use in your related training manuals and company procedures
How It Helps
- Describes the Business Impact Analysis process: Lessons on the BIA help managers get through the complex analysis process, thoroughly considering all risks to productivity.
- Improves long-term planning: Ensuring individual managers know how to conduct a BIA and which factors to consider when doing so will increase the resiliency of your organization overall.
- Expands organizational talent: Using these videos to cross-train employees and develop future leaders will ensure continuity of effort and planning as managers leave or are promoted.
Minimizing Risk With Business Impact Analysis
- Purpose and use of a BIA
- Components of a BIA
- Step-by-step process of completing a BIA
- Comparison between and uses of risk analysis and risk management
- Relating the environment to risk management
The Importance of Business Continuity Planning
- Definition of business continuity planning
- How to create a business disaster recovery plan
- Describe how a BIA improves continuity planning
- Explanation and usefulness of business continuity planning
- Understanding how business decisions affect stakeholders
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Business Analysis Training Programs and Requirements
- Vertical Analysis Accounting Training Programs and Courses
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Business Computer Applications Courses and Training Programs
- Online Business Writing Courses and Training Programs
- Business and Technical Writing Training Programs and Courses
- System Analysis and Design Course and Training Program Info
- Plant Manager Training Programs and Courses
- List of Free Online Business Courses and Training Programs
- Online Business Ethics Training Courses and Education Programs
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses