- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 174
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1American Law: History & Origins from English Common Law
Course SummaryMake business law interesting for your students with our textbook replacement course. Short video and text lessons and quizzes cover all of the topics in a standard business law textbook and break down even the toughest topics so your students can do better in class and get higher grades on their assignments and tests.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches business law can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most business law textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like the Constitution and contract law are perfect for briefly introducing a business law topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional business law textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of securities, beneficiaries and torts.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online business law textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like creditors rights easy to understand.
- Cost Effective: Using our business law textbook course can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring sole proprietorships, workers' compensation and other business law topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Skill-Building Courses: In addition to in-depth instruction, courses include practice lessons, quizzes, practical learning exercises and how-to guides to help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of business law as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online business law textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in business law class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings business law lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb business law concepts, legal ethical decision making, due process and the court system.
- Identify the business law topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging business law video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like labor law and international business.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any business law topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our business law course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about contract assignments, implied terms and statute of frauds.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in business law, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this business law course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a business law concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- American law history
- Law sources
- Constitutional law and amendments
- Legal systems in America
- Legal procedures and requirements
- Fundamentals of contract law
- Third party beneficiaries and contracts
- Delegation and assignment of contracts
- The statute of frauds in contract law
- Scope and meaning of contracts
- Breach of contract
- Contract discharges
- Components of the legal environment
- Antitrust law and securities
- Real and personal property law
- Labor and employment law
- Rights of creditors
- Consumer protection and product liability law
- Laws in international business
- Agency in business law
- Business organizations
- Sales laws
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Business Law Courses and Classes
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- How to Become a Business Law Consultant
- What Is a Business Law Major?
- Careers in Law and Business
- Thinking About Business or Law School? Get the Facts on Top Schools From Other Students
- Corporate Law: Overview of a Corporate Law Course for Business Majors
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- N Y Makeup Artist School
- Associate of Occupational Studies AOS Computer Network Operations Degree Overview
- Diesel Technology Degree and Career Information
- Bachelor of Science in Technology Management BSTM Computer Electronics Telecommunication Degree Overview
- Masters Programs for Financial Analysts Degree Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses