- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 68
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryYou can earn credits to apply to your teacher's license renewal requirements with this fun Business Math for Teachers: Professional Development course. Complete this course in just a few weeks by reviewing our text and video lessons and taking our multiple-choice self-assessment quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your science teaching license with Business Math for Teachers. Brush up on business math topics so you can better teach accounting, finance, and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in a week - perfect for teachers who need to earn business math credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about interest and purchases.
- Check your knowledge of things like salvage values and financial analysis with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert business math instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST Business Math exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Business Math for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business and mathematics teachers who want to brush up on business math topics
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging business math videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a business math unit or course
- Aspiring business math teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make business math easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business and math instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review business math terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business math credits in a week.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Business Ethics for Teachers, Business Law for Teachers, and Introduction to Business for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in business as well as math, biology, chemistry, and other topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in One Week
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Business Math for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in a week. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Number Sense (percents, order of operations, bar graphs and pie charts)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2|
|Linear Equations (definition, writing linear equations, inequalities)|
Graphing and Evaluating Equations and Functions (using the point-slope formula, graphing basic functions, domain and range)
|Day 3||Chapter 4||Quadratic Equations and Functions (using the quadratic formula to solve equations, factoring quadratic equations, completing the square)|
|Day 4||Chapter 5||Probability and Statistics for Business (calculating mean, median, range and mode, standard deviation, shifts in the mean)|
|Day 5||Chapter 6|
|Depreciation and Salvage Values (methods of depreciation, how to report depreciation on a balance sheet)|
Interest and Purchases (credit terms, markup and markdown, calculating effective annual rate)
|Day 6||Chapter 8|
|Math for Financial Analysis (calculating present and future value, stocks, bonds)|
Business Math Applications (payroll costs, property taxes, currency conversion)
|Day 7||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for business math|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Utah Teacher License Renewal
- Nevada Teacher License Renewal
- Hawaii Teacher License Renewal
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- Colorado Substitute Teacher License Renewal
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses