- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 68
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryStretch your textbook budget by using our cost-effective business math textbook replacement course. Our text and video lessons present all the important business math topics in a mobile-friendly, convenient format your students can access on any mobile device at any time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches business math can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most business math textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like linear equations and payroll calculations are perfect for briefly introducing a business math topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional business math textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of unit conversions, midpoint formulas and graphing.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online Business Math Textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our Business Math textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of business math as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring quadratic equations, mixed numbers and other business math topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like depreciation easy to understand.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online business math textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in business math class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your instructor via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings business math lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb business math concepts, probabilities, line graphs and percentage conversions.
- Identify the business math topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging business math video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like midpoint formulas and intercepts.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any business math topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our Business Math course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about annuities, stocks and break-even analysis.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in business math, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this Business Math course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a business math concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Learning About Number Sense
- Inequalities and Linear Equations
- Evaluating Equations, Functions and Graphing
- Understanding Functions and Quadratic Equations
- Statistics and Probabilities for Business
- Salvage Values and Depreciation
- Purchases and Interest Rates
- Math Used in Financial Analysis
- Applying Business Math
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Mobile Business Intelligence (BI)
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- 5 Secrets for Reducing Textbook Costs
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Business Videos
- Nicole Allen Takes the Fight for Lower Textbook Costs on the Road
- Math Videos
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Accounting Degree Top Ranked Accounting College - Tulsa OK
- Collinsville, Illinois (IL) Colleges
- Top School with Courses in Computer Security - Virginia Beach VA
- Culinary School Top Ranked Culinary Arts Program - Philadelphia PA
- Water Color Art Information for Art Students Considering a Career As a Professional Water Color Artist
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses