- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 87
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Communication Matters in the Workplace
Course SummaryUse this business writing course if you're looking for an easy way to boost your knowledge for an exam or reinforce your business class studies. Use engaging videos to learn more about such topics as workplace communication, paragraph construction and resume writing.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from business writing will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding business communication, presentation design and delivery, resume writing or any other business writing topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn business writing.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra business learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Business Writing final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are elements of effective workplace communication?
- What strategies facilitate cross-cultural communication?
- How do I adapt my writing to the audience?
- How are strong, coherent paragraphs constructed?
- Which sources should be cited in order to avoid plagiarism?
- What are the best ways to give and respond to constructive criticism?
- Which channel of communication is best for communicating different messages?
- How are visual aids best used in business presentations?
- What are some tips for writing high-quality resumes?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Resume Writing Guidelines Video
- Business Writing Classes, Courses and Certifications Overview
- List of Free Online Business Writing Courses and Classes
- Learn Business
- Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter Video
- Ways to Boost Your Resume Without a College Degree
- Online Business Communication Course and Class Reviews
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Online Business Writing Courses and Training Programs
- Business and Technical Writing Training Programs and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses