- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 121
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Structure and Function of Carbohydrates
This course can be found in: ASCP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 4 ASCP study guides, and 400+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the C (ASCP) Technologist in Chemistry exam with this convenient online study guide course. The course's engaging lessons and self-assessments cover all of the chemistry topics that could appear on the exam. This Study.com course was updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
16 chapters in C (ASCP) Technologist in Chemistry: Study Guide & Exam Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive test preparation course offers you a simple and quick way to study for the C (ASCP) Technologist in Chemistry exam. Our lessons are taught by expert instructors who simplify complex chemistry topics and break down the terms and concepts you'll need to know for the test. You can expect to study:
- Carbohydrate and lipid functions
- Heme derivatives
- Human body enzymes
- Nitrogen-containing compounds in the human body
- Blood gases and acid-base determinations
- Electrolyte functions, testing and deficiencies
- Nutrition and vitamins
- Drug monitoring, toxicology and testing
- Chemistry lab instruments, operations and analysis techniques
- Lab mathematics and safety methods
About the Exam
The C (ASCP) exam is a requirement for candidates who wish to obtain the American Society for Clinical Pathology's Technologist in Chemistry professional certification. You'll be expected to answer 100 multiple-choice questions that are broken up into seven subtests (General Chemistry; Proteins and Enzymes; Acid-Base, Blood Gases and Electrolytes; Hormones and Vitamins; Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring; Instrumentation and Analytical Techniques; Laboratory Operations). The exam is administered in a computer adaptive testing format, and the exam duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
C (ASCP) Technologist in Chemistry Test Preparation & Registration
This course makes your studying experience convenient and flexible. Use any Internet-connected device to access the course, and review the material whenever you have free time in your schedule. These short video lessons highlight key terms and concepts, and they come with printable transcripts that you can study offline. Submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help, and be sure to take the included chapter exams to reinforce your understanding of the material. When you're finished working through the course, take the final assessment to make sure you're ready to sit for the C (ASCP) exam.
There are 5 eligibility routes for this particular exam. The routes generally involve having a combination of academic degrees and clinical laboratory experience. To make sure you satisfy specific eligibility requirements, check the official ASCP website. To apply for the exam, you'll need to create an ASCP account, complete the online registration process, submit transcripts and pay applicable testing fees.
The C (ASCP) Technologist in Chemistry exam is a registered trademark of the American Society for Clinical Pathology, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Organic Chemistry Course Overviews
- Online Inorganic Chemistry Course Information
- Online Graduate Courses in Chemistry: Course Descriptions
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Study.com Updates
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Online Chemistry Courses with Lab Components: How Do They Work?
- Free Online Chemistry Classes with Course Descriptions
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses