- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 159
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Inference? - How to Infer Intended Meaning
Course SummaryCustomize your study sessions for the CAHSEE English exam with our flexible tutoring course. Watch only the video lessons that match up with the topics you're struggling with, or take the entire course to review all the topics you might see on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other CAHSEE English Exam work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn English material and earn better scores on the CAHSEE English Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the interpretation of literature, analysis of drama, grammar and mechanics of sentence structure, literary terms, essay basics, writing process or any other CAHSEE English Exam topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English exam review
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing the CAHSEE English Exam
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in CAHSEE English Exam preparation
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make reviewing for the CAHSEE English Exam simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Review for the CAHSEE English Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to interpret literature.
- Understand how to analyze drama and literature.
- Become familiar with literary terms.
- Explain how to use different types of informational texts.
- Determine the meanings of words.
- Evaluate arguments.
- Discuss the elements of grammar.
- Learn about sentence structure and mechanics.
- Understand how to correct sentence errors.
- Take a look at the types of essays on the CAHSEE.
- Explain the basics of writing an essay.
- Describe the development and planning process of writing.
- Understand how to write and structure an essay.
- Learn how to revise essays and develop your writing skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Financial Management MBA: Courses & Topics
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- English Course Catalog
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
- Social Studies Essay Topics for Teachers
- How Online Courses Work Video
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- Compass Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses