- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 220
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryIncrease your understanding of linear equalities, radical expressions, probability and more as you prepare to take the CAHSEE Math examination. These video lessons and self-assessment quizzes can be used as flexible, comprehensive study resources that you can access on any mobile device at your convenience.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) is used to assess prospective high school graduates' math and English language arts skills. You'll take the math portion of the exam during the second half of your 10th grade year. If you need to retake it, you'll be given additional opportunities in the 11th and 12th grades.
You can use the following study guide to practice performing basic calculations with percentages, decimals, fractions and whole numbers. You can also review the uses of charts, tables and data sets or reexamine steps for solving and graphing linear or quadratic equations. Additional topics delve into metric conversions and the formulas used to calculate dimensions for geometric shapes. Round out your preparation for the CAHSEE by investigating numerical patterns and conjectures. Topics covered in this study guide include:
- Number sense
- Statistics, data analysis and probability
- Algebra and functions
- Measurement and geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Algebra I
The CAHSEE math exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions divvied up over six content strands. You'll be given the entire course of the school day to complete the test if you need it, though you will be asked to answer the test questions without a calculator.
CAHSEE Math Exam Preparation
Whether your test preparation involves revisiting concepts you struggled with in class or getting extra practice solving equations, our study guide includes resources to help you do both. The video lessons are taught by experienced instructors who use illustrations to make the material accessible. There are also transcripts containing links to supplementary text lessons that you can use to review math vocabulary appearing on the exam. If you'd like to assess your understanding of lesson content, there are short multiple-choice quizzes containing practice problems.
CAHSEE Math Exam Scoring
To pass the exam, you'll need to answer 55% of the questions correctly. Scores range from 275-450 points, with 350 representing the minimum passing score. Points are awarded for correct responses to multiple-choice questions, so you're encouraged to make an educated guess even if you're unsure of the answer.
CAHSEE is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Major in Math? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Teachers Using Videos to Teach Math to ADHD Kids: A Case Study
- Self-Awareness Teaching Resources
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Learning Language As a Game Education-Portalcom Talks with the Creators of SNOWBALLS
- Higher Higher Education Finishing Your Grad School Application
- Dr Bakary Diallo of the African Virtual University on Improving Education Accessibility in Africa
- Paramedic Programs in Virginia
- Lakeland, Florida City and Education Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses