- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryIf you need to prepare for the California Pearson CNA test, our informative study guide course can help. All of these brief but informative video and text lessons covers topics that you'll find on the exam, so you can study wisely and get a passing score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
You can use this fun training course to get ready to take the California Pearson CNA test. Our course is made up of short, entertaining video and text lessons that thoroughly cover the nursing subjects you'll need to know to pass the test. Before moving on from each lesson, you can take the multiple-choice quizzes to ensure you understand what you've learned. If you'd like to study offline, our printable lesson transcripts make great study guides. Once you complete this chapter, you should understand the following subjects:
- Nursing communication and the role of the nurse aide
- Patient rights, plus safety for nurses
- Basic hygiene, asepsis and infection control
- Patient injuries and infections
- Emergency situations, care and procedures in nursing
- Personal care, plus circulation and skin integrity concerns
- Nutrition basics, as well as understanding fluid and electrolyte balance, sleep and rest
- Elimination basics for nurses
- Assistive devices and mobility, plus psychosocial concerns
- Physical assessment techniques and physical impairments
- Pain, pain management and mental health concepts
- End of life care and the aging process
About the Exam
The California Pearson CNA exam is intended for nurse assistants who want to become certified in the state of California. Candidates must pass this test within two years following the completion of their educational program in order to achieve certification. The test is comprised of two sections; a written examination and a skills examination. For the written portion of the test, students may select a written exam consisting of 70 multiple-choice questions or an oral examination given by MP3 player. The oral examination is recommended for those with difficulty reading English and is made up of 60 multiple-choice questions and 10 reading comprehension questions. The skills part of the examination requires candidates complete five randomly selected nursing skills in 25 minutes. All five skills must be successfully completed in order to pass this portion of the test.
California Pearson CNA Exam Preparation & Registration
Move at your own pace as you work through this course in preparation for the exam, and review the lessons and quizzes as many times as you need to. We've made it easy to review a specific portion of any video lesson with our video tabs feature, which allows you to jump ahead quickly. If you require assistance with any of the topics as you work through the chapter, please contact an instructor for help.
Once candidates are ready to take the California Pearson CNA exam, an application form and all required payments must be received before a test date is scheduled. Test-takers must arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled test time in professional dress and non-skid footwear, although a uniform is preferred. Additionally, candidates must present their original Social Security card, a valid, government-issued photo ID and their Application for Nurse Assistant Certification containing the original signature of the RN responsible for their training. You will also need two sharpened No. 2 pencils and an eraser. A dictionary that contains translations only, and no definitions, is also acceptable.
California Pearson CNA test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Informative Essay Topics for Teachers
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses