- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 170
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryConsult this comprehensive study guide course to get ready for the California Real Estate Broker Exam. As you work through the course, you'll review key topics through engaging video lessons and practice quizzes. Our professional instructors can answer any questions you may have.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is made up of lessons that flesh out every topic you'll want to be ready for going into the California Real Estate Broker Exam. You'll go over various important subjects dealt with in the field, including real estate financing, the transfer of real property, forms of property ownership, and more. By the time you finish this guide, you can expect to be better versed in all of the following:
- Handling encumbrances in real estate
- Describing and surveying land
- Laws and regulations of land use
- Real estate agencies
- Appraising property
- Fair housing and consumer protection laws
- Forms of leases and property management
- Investing in real estate
- Property condition disclosure
- Principles and responsibilities of practicing real estate brokers
- Contracts and closing procedures
- Procedures specific to the California Bureau of Real Estate
This course was last updated in 2019.
About the Exam
To take the California Real Estate Broker Exam, you will first submit an application. In order to be eligible for the exam, you must possess two years of full-time licensed salesperson experience within the last five years (though in some cases applicants with four-year college degrees who majored or minored in real estate may be exempt from this requirement). The exam is multiple-choice and is composed of seven core areas of subject matter, including property ownership and land use controls and regulations (15% of exam's content), laws of agency and fiduciary duties (17%), property valuation and financial analysis (14%), financing (9%), transfer of property (8%), practice of real estate and disclosures (25%), and contracts (12%). You'll have up to five hours to complete the exam.
Preparing & Registering for the California Real Estate Broker Exam
You can think of the dashboard feature as your studying headquarters while you navigate the material. There, you can take a quick glance at your recent activity and progress through the course whenever you're feeling disorganized. You'll also find links to practice quizzes and related courses that you can explore as a means of supplementing your learning. These interactive quizzes can be accessed as many times as you want and are also printable as worksheets for offline use.
Exam dates are made based on the volume of applications received and can be checked on via the California Bureau of Real Estate website. Once approved, you'll be able to schedule your exam near the Fresno, San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, or Sacramento areas through the eLicensing online system. On test day, you must present a valid form of photo identification (driver's license, state I.D., passport or U.S. military identification card) in order to be admitted.
California Real Estate Broker Exam is a registered trademark of The State of California, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- California Real Estate License Courses and Classes
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Real Estate Development Course Overviews
- Real Estate Appraisal Courses Overview
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How to Become a Commercial Real Estate Broker
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses