- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 166
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you need to prepare for the California real estate salesperson exam, let this course help you get all the details fresh in your mind. The course's short lessons and quizzes help you review and remember concepts you'll need to know, such as land use and ownership, financing, contracts and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As part of the realtor licensure process in the state of California, individuals must pass the California real estate salesperson exam, and this course has been designed specifically to give you a recap of all the major topics you will need to know for your exam. Study.com offers you this extensive guide that covers the seven major areas addressed on the exam, including the following topics:
- Types of property ownership
- Real estate encumbrances
- Surveys and land descriptions
- Laws about zoning, regulations, and land use
- Real estate agencies and their duties
- Appraisal and property valuation
- Financing for real estate
- Real property transfer
- Consumer protection and fair housing
- Property management and leases
- The investment and analysis of real estate
- Property conditions disclosures
- Realtors and principles of practice
- Professional responsibility and ethics in real estate
- Real estate transactions and contracts
- Settlement and closing procedures
- Functions and procedures of the CA Bureau of Real Estate
This course was last updated in 2019.
About the Exam
As this exam is part of the licensure process, you will need to meet certain requirements, including being a resident of California, being at least 18 years of age, pass a background check, and you must have completed at least three college-level courses related to the principles and practices of real estate. Specifics about approved courses are available on the Department of Consumer Affairs CA Bureau of Real Estate website.
The exam is offered throughout the state of California in various locations, and available formats may include written or computer-based testing. Individuals will have 195 minutes to complete a total of 150 questions, and all questions are multiple-choice. The exam is available year-round by appointment. To pass this exam, you must score at least 70% or higher.
Preparing & Registering for the California Real Estate Salesperson Exam
It may feel like you need to know everything to pass the test, but studying for everything can feel overwhelming, which is why we provide you with this clear and easy-to-follow guide. We start out by breaking all the main topics into individual chapters. Open up any one of the chapters to view the connected lessons. As you study, focus on getting through one chapter at a time. Since each lesson can be completed in usually less than 10 minutes, getting through an entire chapter can be done in practically no time at all. We also offer you practice questions to get ready for the big exam. Try out the questions on our lesson quizzes, chapter exams, and end-of-course exam. You can repeat these quizzes and exams as much as you like until you feel confident about doing well on the California real estate salesperson exam.
To register for the exam, you must first meet all of the registration requirements. Once you do that, you will need to complete the application process, which includes filling out an application, submitting fees, and sending in transcripts or any other requested documentation. You must submit the application through the mail, and processing will take a minimum of six weeks. If your application is accepted, you'll receive notice and be able to schedule your exam date and location online.
The California Real Estate Salesperson Exam is a registered trademark of the Consumer Department of Affairs and the California Bureau of Real Estate, which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- California Real Estate License Courses and Classes
- 50 Things Every College Freshman Needs to Know
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Bentham Project Needs Your Help
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Need Help Choosing a Preschool for Your Kid with ADHD?
- How to Become a Real Estate Agent in California Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses