- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 27
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Types of Workplace Harassment: Verbal, Nonverbal, Physical & Visual
Course SummaryIntended for California businesses, this course meets the California requirements for sexual harassment training. Assign this course to help your organization's employees fully understand the the essentials of sexual harassment policies, procedures and management in the workplace.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As part of California employee sexual harassment training, the lessons in this corporate training course will assist your employees in their understanding of workplace harassment, risk management, personal relationships in the workplace and harassment policy and procedures. After each lesson, your employees can test their understanding of the material by completing the lesson's quiz.
How It Works
The flexibility of these lessons offers your employees a versatile and effective way to learn about California sexual harassment and harassment policies. Being mobile device compatible, these lessons can be watched at your employees' desks or while they are on-the-go via any Internet-ready mobile device.
With these lessons employees will be able to:
- Watch short, engaging lesson videos that will help them improve their understanding of sexual harassment
- Review California sexual harassment policies and procedures
- Test their knowledge online or on paper with the versatile quizzes
- Take practice chapter exams to test their overall understanding of the material
How it Helps
- Builds awareness: Many people are a little unsure of what constitutes sexual harassment is. After these lessons, employees will be aware of the definitions and classifications of sexual harassment.
- Creates positive workspace: Sexual harassment can be harmful to morale and productivity. These lessons will teach employees how to prevent sexual harassment and create a healthy working environment.
- Reduces liability: Sexual harassment can put your company at risk. Having employees complete this course reduces that risk.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Types of Workplace Harassment||Learn about the different types of workplace harassment and why they are illegal.|
|Personal Relationships in the Workplace||Distinguish between flirting and sexual harassment and learn how to manage workplace relationships.|
|Harassment Policies & Procedures for Employees||Discover harassment complaint procedures, how the harassment complaint process is kept private, and ways sexual harassment can be prevented.|
|Vicarious Liability & Anti-Harassment Policies||Find out what vicarious liability is and how supervisors can use anti-harassment policies.|
|Risk Management for Sexual Harassment||Learn how sexual harassment policy is created, implemented, and enforced, as well as what affirmative defense and the EEOC sexual harassment complaint process is.|
|Sexual Harassment & California Law||Review where workplace sexual harassment occurs, how it affects employees, legal definitions of harassment, and legal consequences of sexual harassment in California.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Sexual Harassment Training Programs and Courses
- Sexual Harassment on Campus: What Are Students' Rights?
- Paramedic Training Programs in California with Course Overviews
- Surgical Tech Training in California with Course Descriptions
- Hospitality Management Degrees in California with Course Info
- California GED Information and Courses
- Could New Sexual Harassment Standards on Campus Affect Student Learning?
- Horticulture Business Management Course and Training Information
- IV Certification in California with Course Overviews
- Phlebotomy Classes in California with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses