- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 28
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Types of Workplace Harassment: Verbal, Nonverbal, Physical & Visual
Course SummarySexual harassment on the job can create a great deal of stress for workers. Use this course to help supervisors and employees understand the gravity of harassment and provide training for prevention and complaint management under California law.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Help your supervisors understand their roles in preventing workplace harassment and handling harassment complaints with this informative course. Video and text lessons provide in-depth details about harassment law in California, types of workplace harassment, procedures and policies for employees and supervisors, risk management, prevention and so much more. Supervisors can gain the knowledge needed to develop and implement workplace harassment policies and procedures as well as steps to take in prevention and during the complaint process. Self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams are available to assess knowledge of lesson concepts. Any questions about chapter topics can be submitted to our experts.
How It Works
The video lessons in this course average about 5 minutes each, ensuring you can easily incorporate them into your corporate training sessions. Managerial employees can also print text lessons to take additional notes and highlight key points.
Among the training features this course offers include:
- Short video and text lessons offering details about how to handle workplace harassment in California
- Self-assessment quizzes designed to assess managers' understanding of the lessons
- Chapter exams and a course exam that reinforce lesson concepts
- Mobile capabilities making lessons and quizzes accessible from a smartphone or tablet
How It Helps
- Educates on harassment: This course provides quality information about workplace harassment, including types, policies, procedures and related California laws from which supervisors can benefit.
- Solidifies leadership roles: The lessons help your supervisors understand their roles as leaders in the organization and how that leadership can help prevent harassment in the workplace.
- Provides strategies for implementation: Supervisors can access strategies and tips to properly implement policies and procedures for harassment prevention and address instances of harassment in the workplace.
- Improves workplace safety: Helping your supervisors understand the impact of harassment and the need for prevention can ensure all workers feel safe on the job.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Types of Workplace Harassment||Explore types of workplace harassment, including quid pro quo harassment, internet and email harassment and sexual harassment.|
|Personal Relationships in the Workplace||Examine differences between flirting and sexual harassment, co-worker dating and breakups and how to create and maintain a respectful workplace.|
|Harassment Policies & Procedures for Supervisors & Employees||Detail the steps involved in a harassment complaint, ways to ensure privacy in the complaint process, how to prevent sexual harassment, the meaning of retaliation in the workplace and use anti-harassment policies if a complaint is filed.|
|Vicarious Liability & Sexual Harassment||Discover the meaning of vicarious liability and the impact it can have on supervisors is explored.|
|Risk Management for Sexual Harassment||Take a close look at how to develop a sexual harassment policy, implement sexual harassment complaint procedures, prevent and correct supervisor harassment, manage the EEOC sexual harassment complaint process and understand affirmative defense in sexual harassment litigation.|
|Sexual Harassment & California Law||Find out about hostile work environments, work locations where sexual harassment could occur, definition of a legal harasser according to California law, workplace discrimination and retaliation, statistics for workplace sexual harassment and the emotional and professional impact and legal consequences of sexual harassment.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Sexual Harassment Training Programs and Courses
- Sexual Harassment on Campus: What Are Students' Rights?
- Online Stress Management Course and Training Information
- Could New Sexual Harassment Standards on Campus Affect Student Learning?
- California Certification for Social Workers: Courses and Schools
- Printing Management Supervisor: Job Description and Requirements
- Rebar Worker Training Programs with Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses