- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 39
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Call Centers: Definition & Types
Course SummaryEnjoy exclusive access to engaging lessons you can share with employees to improve their call center skills. Including these lessons in your corporate training sessions can help employees strengthen interactions with customers, understand digital customer service and improve customer satisfaction.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining course serves as a fantastic resource for call centers looking to strengthen their employees' customer service skills. Lessons provide a comprehensive overview of skills needed to interact with customers online and over the phone, techniques for handling difficult customers and ways to track call center performance.
How It Works
Feel free to select individual lessons, full chapters or share the entire course with your employees, based on your training goals. Mobile features ensure employees unable to attend training sessions can access the lessons independently via any computer or mobile device.
Training features offered in this course include:
- Bite-sized lessons you can use to help employees strengthen their call center skills
- Short quizzes employees can take to check their knowledge of the lessons
- Practice exams designed to gauge employees' comprehension of each chapter and the entire course
- Subject-matter experts ready to answer your questions about specific details presented in the lessons
How It Helps
- Introduces important concepts: Employees can discover or refresh their knowledge of the basics of call centers and call center agents.
- Provides strategies: Lessons offer strategies for managing difficult customers and improving customer satisfaction.
- Enhances call center performance: Ensuring your employees have the tools to improve their customer service skills and strengthen customer satisfaction can enhance overall call center performance.
After completing this course, employees should understand the following:
- Basics of call centers and call center agents
- Skills call center agents need to properly interact with customers
- How to ensure call center customer satisfaction
- Best ways to handle difficult customers in a call center
- Telephone and digital customer service basics
- Metrics for tracking call center performance
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Jobs with No Customer Interaction
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- Top Schools for Customer Service and Call Center Support
- List of Free Online Customer Service Classes and Lessons
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses