- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 94
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is the Cambridge English: Advanced Test?
Course SummaryGet ready for the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) exam at any time with this helpful test preparation course. Use the course's lessons and self-assessments to quickly master the English skills you'll need to demonstrate on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) - Test Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Students who are planning on taking the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) exam can use this convenient and effective test prep course to study all of the English topics they'll be tested on. As you work through the course at your own pace, you'll watch engaging video lessons and take short practice quizzes. The course provides comprehensive overviews of the CAE exam and its reading, writing, listening and speaking sections. You'll also study information regarding the following exam components:
- Text analysis
- Reading comprehension
- Grammar and sentence construction
- Vocabulary, essay and public speaking skills
About the Exam
Containing reading, writing, listening and speaking sections, the CAE exam takes about 4 hours to complete, and it can be taken on paper or on a computer. Passing this English achievement test demonstrates a high-level mastery of the English language. Over 6,000 academic and professional organizations accept the CAE as proof of English proficiency.
CAE Exam Preparation & Registration
The course can be taken from start to finish, or you can jump to specific chapter topics from your course dashboard. These lessons are designed to be short and simple so you can quickly review English terms and concepts. You can check your understanding of the lesson topics by taking our interactive self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams. If you need any extra help with the material, simply submit your questions to our expert English instructors. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and take the final assessment to make sure you're fully prepared for the CAE exam.
To register for the CAE exam, you'll need to find an authorized exam center. With over 2,800 locations around the world, these centers provide specific information regarding testing fees and exam dates. To book your exam, find your nearest authorized testing center through the official Cambridge English Language Assessment website.
The CAE exam is administered by the Cambridge English Language Assessment, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- English Course Catalog
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses