- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 134
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Find the Square Root of a Number
Course SummaryThis course is a flexible way to study the topics you'll need to know for the Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course exam. Our lessons and quizzes can be accessed on any computer or mobile device to make studying convenient.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
16 chapters in Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics - Short Course: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This collection of video lessons is designed with your Cambridge studies in mind. By taking this course at your own pace, you will have all the time you need to review the wealth of information you have studied in the Pre-U Mathematics Short Course as you get ready to take the exam. The topics reviewed during this Study.com course include the following:
- Coordinate geometry
- Quadratic equations and logarithms
- Integration, differentiation and summarization
- Binomial and normal distribution
- Statistical estimation,sampling and hypothesis testing
- Correlation and regression
- Sequences and series
- Chi-square and non-parametric testing
About The Exam
The Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics Short Course culminates in an all-encompassing two-part exam that must be completed in three hours and 45 minutes. Paper 1, Pure Mathematics, has 65 items and is equal to 45% of the score. Paper 2 is called Statistics, and it has an additional 80 questions. This section amounts to 55% of the score.
Cambridge Pre-U Mathematics Short Course Exam Preparation & Registration
The amount of content you have covered in your Cambridge Pre-U studies can be overwhelming, and the looming exam may look intimidating, but Study.com gives you a unique way to review for the test. Rather than sit and re-read your existing notes and work, the short video lessons included in this course engage you and give you the needed boost of confidence for the exam.
In the lessons, you'll review different ways to solve quadratic equations and graph a system of quadratic inequalities. You'll also acquire math knowledge on concepts ranging from using the midpoint and distance formulas to inferential statistics and the Wilcoxon Mann-Whitney statistical test. After completing each lesson, test your knowledge with the accompanying quizzes and chapter exams, which also help you determine if there is any areas that need extra review
Cambridge Pre-U is a registered trademark of Cambridge International Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- Herbal Studies Classes and Courses Overview
- Iridology Home Study Course and Class Descriptions
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Leisure Studies Courses and Classes Overview
- Biopsychology Studies: Degree and Course Information
- Home Study Diplomas: Are Correspondence Courses Right for Me?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses