- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Creativity? - Definition & Exercises
Course SummaryAccess this user-friendly career skills certificate course from work or home on any mobile device or computer 24 hours a day. The certificate that you earn from completing this course can be used to help you on the job or to boost your resume and business knowledge.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our expert instructors present important career skills in the chapters and lessons of this course. Learn more about innovation and creativity in the workplace, team problem-solving techniques, how to develop your emotional intelligence at work and the ways professionalism impacts the workplace.
How It Works
This course is made up of a series of chapters grouped by subject, and then broken down further into individual lessons. Each lesson is accompanied by a self-assessment quiz to help you assess your progress through the course. Professional instructors created this course, so you can be confident you're learning accurate and applicable career skills information.
In this course, we've included:
- Short lessons covering necessary career skills
- Lesson quizzes to assess understanding
- Chapter tests that highlight key concepts
- A comprehensive final test you must pass to get your certificate
How It Helps
- Increases confidence: If you're looking for a new job or even if you have one already, the skills covered in this course can help boost your confidence in your job search or in your everyday experiences at work.
- Provides assistance: Because problems at work are inevitable, this course arms you with information about problem solving creatively and in a group so you'll know how to handle any bumps along the way.
- Offers flexibility: Whether you'd like to work on this career skills course in your spare time or at work, the lessons and chapters included in this course are available to you to study at any time that works best.
After completing this course, you should understand more about:
- Innovation and creativity in the workplace
- Techniques for creative problem solving in business and team problem solving
- Establishing professionalism at work
- The impacts of professionalism at the workplace
- The development of emotional intelligence at work
- Benefits of emotional intelligence for organizations
- The management of emotional intelligence at work
- Personal branding and how it related to your online presence and job searching
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Certificate Courses: How Do They Work?
- What Are Certification Classes and Certification Courses
- Business Writing Classes, Courses and Certifications Overview
- HR Certification Programs and Courses
- Orderly: Courses, Training & Certification
- Will Getting an HR Certification Help You Earn More Money?
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program and Career Overview
- Phlebotomy Certification and Certificate Programs with Course Info
- CSS Certification and Certificate Programs with Course Information
- Microsoft Access Certification Options
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses