- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 113
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Cells? - Overview
Course SummaryUse our cell biology study guide course to catch up in class or prepare for an upcoming test. These fun text and video lessons outline all the subjects you're learning, but you can work through them at your own pace to master the ones that are challenging you the most.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For:
Anyone who needs help understanding material from cell biology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding cell theory, parts of a cell, cellular transport, plant cells, immunology or any other cell biology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn cell biology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
Study.com also has a number of additional biology study guides that cover any branch you are studying and need help with.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Cell Biology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including::
- How do cells and organisms differ?
- What are the parts of a cell?
- Why is osmosis important in cell transport?
- Do cells communicate?
- What are some characteristics of plant cells?
- How do cells utilize energy?
- By what processes do cells multiply or reproduce?
- What information is contained in chromosomes and DNA?
- How are proteins synthesized in cells?
- What are macromolecules and what role do they play?
- How do bacteria and viruses function?
- Why is the immune system critical to the human body?
- What is cell differentiation?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Online Cell Biology Course and Class Overviews
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Teachers: What to Do if You're the One Who's Bored in Class
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Tax Preparer Courses and Classes Overview
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses