- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 148
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
Course SummaryGet ready for the OSAT Chemistry exam with this comprehensive study guide course. Our course's engaging lessons and practice assessments help you review the chemical properties, laws and reactions that you need to understand in order to successfully complete the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our study guide will help you review the concepts you need to know before you take the OSAT Chemistry exam. We offer lessons that go over important chemical properties and reactions. Accessing this course can help you study:
- The nature and role of science
- Atomic structure, properties of matter and the Periodic Table
- Liquids, solids, gases and phase changes
- Thermodynamics and chemical reactions
- Chemical bonding and types of compounds
- Acids, bases, equilibrium and solutions
- Redox reactions, electrochemistry and stoichiometry
About the Exam
Entry-level chemistry educators in Ohio must complete the CEOE Chemistry exam in order to obtain licensure to teach in this field. The exam is computer-based and includes 80 selected-response questions and one constructed-response question. You will have up to four hours to complete the exam, and must achieve a score of 240 to pass.
Preparing & Registering for the CEOE Chemistry Exam
You can get ready for the CEOE Chemistry exam by using this study guide to review what you know about chemistry. Our lessons are short, engaging and easy to access wherever and whenever you want to study. Chemistry experts are available to answer any questions you have throughout the course. You'll also be able to track your progress and identify any areas where you need further study with our self-assessment quizzes and tests.
Registration for the CEOE Chemistry exam is completed online. Test dates are offered year-round at a variety of testing sites. While you can't bring testing aids with you to the exam, a scientific calculator and a periodic table will be provided.
Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- What to Wear on Exam Day & Other Tips on Successfully Passing the ACT & SAT
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Compass Exams
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts