- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 262
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAce the OSAT Early Childhood Education exam with this complete course covering the full range of competencies you will encounter on test day. Our engaging video and text lessons can be accessed 24 hours a day on your computer or mobile device to catch up on all the topics you'll need to know for exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) (105): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam Study Guide
The OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) exam is a requirement for entry-level educators teaching early childhood education in the State of Oklahoma, and this course can help you prepare to ace the exam! Lessons are provided in text format or as videos with written transcriptions available, and the lesson quizzes offer the opportunity to gauge whether you've retained the information presented. Study worksheets and flashcards enable you to build and refine your knowledge across these five major subject areas evaluated by the exam: Child development, learning, and the learning environment; communication, language, and literacy development; learning across the curriculum; analysis of communication, language, and literacy development; and professional knowledge and responsibilities.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the CEOE. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master the following subject areas:
Child Development, Learning, and the Learning Environment
- Cognitive Development
- Cognition & Memory
- Diversity in the Classroom
- Motivating Students
- Instructional Pedagogy
- Assessment Strategies
Communication, Language, and Literacy Development
- Language Development
- Teaching Language & Literacy
- Teaching Reading Comprehension
- Writing Instruction
Learning Across the Curriculum
- Basic Math & Problem Solving
- Social Studies
- Foundations of Science
- Arts Education
- Health & Physical Education
- Social & Moral Development
- Socialization Strategies
Professional Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Resources & Technology in the Classroom
- History of Education in the U.S.
- Major Philosophies of Education
- Social & Family Systems
- Professional Organizations
Analysis of Communication, Language, and Literacy Development
- Assessment Strategies
OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam Course Format
This course consists of 262 lessons across 23 chapters to thoroughly cover all of the concepts you will encounter on the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) exam. A variety of study tools including flashcards, lesson quizzes, chapter exams, and a final practice exam make test preparation a breeze as you study at your own pace. Track your learning from a streamlined dashboard, accessible 24/7, from the computer or mobile device of your choice. Subject-matter experts are available to answer specific questions you may have about the concepts covered in the course material.
OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam Information
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) Early Childhood Education exam is designed to assess the readiness of early childhood educators to perform as teachers in Oklahoma schools.
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: 80 selected response, 1 constructed response
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80 test fee; $25 CBT fee; $30 registration fee (paid once annually)
OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam Breakdown
|OSAT Exam Concept||Percent of the OSAT Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Child Development, Learning, and the Learning Environment||19%||15 questions|
|Communication, Language, and Literacy Development||27%||22 questions|
|Learning Across the Curriculum||27%||22 questions|
|Professional Knowledge and Responsibilities||12%||10 questions|
|Analysis of Communication, Language, and Literacy Development||15%||1 Constructed Response|
Registering and Preparing for the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam
Tests are scheduled by appointment and test dates are available year round. On exam day, be sure to arrive at the testing site 15 minutes early and bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English.
You can confidently register for the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) exam after completing this course offering which offers a plethora of study tools to help you retain information that is most likely to be found on the exam. You'll even have access to our subject-matter experts who can answer any specific questions you have about the material as you study.
For more detailed information about registering and preparing for the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) testing, check out our CEOE Resources page https://study.com/ceoe/ceoe-resources.html.
OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Scoring
Plan to earn a score of 240 or higher in order to pass the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) examination. Scores are made available and can be viewed online at 10 P.M. Central time on the specified score reporting date. They'll be accessible for 45 days, during which time you can print out the results. If you need additional copies, you may request them by mail for a fee.
You can find more information about how the OSAT Early Childhood Education (CEOE) Exam is scored here: https://study.com/ceoe/ceoe-resources.html
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- What to Wear on Exam Day & Other Tips on Successfully Passing the ACT & SAT
- The US Tax System and What to Know Before Tax Day
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Become a Day Care Owner: Education and Career Roadmap
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Early Childhood Education Courses in MN with Degree Overviews
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Richmond, VA with School Info
- Early Childhood Education Courses in AZ with School Overviews
- Creative Consultant Job Decription Salary
- List of Free Online Courses for International Business
- Fire Inspector Job Information for Students Considering a Career in Fire Inspection
- Cardiac Echo Technician Job Description and Information About Starting a Career As a Cardiac Echo Technician or Assistant
- CPR Certification Sacramento
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses