- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 358
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Impact of Oral Language on Reading Development
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this helpful study guide to review topics that appear on the CEOE OSAT Elementary Education test. This comprehensive online course includes short lessons and self-assessments that make it easy for you to be fully prepared for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
41 chapters in OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) (050/051): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam Study Guide
The OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) exam is a requirement for entry-level educators teaching elementary education in the State of Oklahoma, and this course can help you prepare to successfully complete the exam! Lessons are available in both text and video format with written transcriptions available so you learn the way you learn best. The lesson quizzes will help you to retain the information presented and check your readiness for the exam. Chapter tests will confirm your understanding of major competency areas covered on the exam, including: oral language development; the writing process and language; government, civics and economics; geometry and properties of shapes; scientific process and inquiry; earth, space science, and weather; health and fitness in children; and music, drama, and theater arts.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the CEOE. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master the following subject areas:
- Describe the relationship between written language, oral language, and phonological development
- Select appropriate materials to enhance student literacy development
- Apply evidence-based principles to reading instruction curriculum development
- Apply evidence-based practices to strengthen writing instruction
- Utilize appropriate teaching strategies across developmental stages
- Analyze and apply knowledge of principles of government, civics, and economics
- Understand and describe local, national, and world historical events
- Apply knowledge of maps and other geographical representations
- Analyze how human activities effect changes to the environment
- Compare and contrast various concepts in science and engineering
- Apply basic concepts related to Earth and space science
- Utilize basic concepts in number and algebraic thinking
- Translate real-world problems into algebraic expressions
- Solve problems involving measurement using Euclidean geometry and Pythagorean theorem
Health, Fitness, and the Arts
- Accurately communicate the benefits of nutrition and physical fitness
- Demonstrate understanding of how to locate reliable health and wellness information
- Describe major genres in visual art as well as the materials used and their historical significance
- Discuss the relationship between various forms of art such as theater, dance, and visual art
OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam Course Format
This comprehensive course consists of 40 chapters with 326 lessons that thoroughly cover all of the concepts you will encounter on the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) exam. A variety of study tools including flashcards, lesson quizzes, chapter exams, and a final practice exam make test preparation a breeze as you study at your own pace. All course content is accessible 24/7, from the computer or mobile device of your choice.
OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam Information
- Number of & Type of Questions:
- Subtest 1: Reading & Language Arts Subtest - 52 selected-response questions/ 1 constructed response question
- Subtest 2: Social Studies/Mathematics/Science/Health, Fitness, and the Arts - 66 selected-response questions
- Question Type: 118 selected response, 1 constructed response
- Time Limit: 4 hours and 15 minutes total appointment time for one or both subtests
- Exam Cost: $35 subtest fee; $25 CBT fee; $30 registration fee
OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam Breakdown
|OSAT Subtest 1 Concept||Percent of the OSAT Subtest||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Language Arts||28%||17 questions|
|Reading Constructed Response||15%||1 question|
|OSAT Subtest 2 Concept||Percent of the OSAT Subtest||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Social Studies||20%||13 questions|
|Health/Fitness and the Arts||15%||10 questions|
Registering and Preparing for the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) Exam
Tests are scheduled by appointment, and test dates are available year round. On exam day, be sure to arrive at the testing site 15 minutes early and bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English.
You can confidently register for the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) exam after completing this course, which offers a variety of proven study tools to help you retain information that is most likely to be found on the exam Chapter lessons contained in this study guide are designed to cover material you will likely be tested on when taking both sections of the CEOE Elementary Education exam. Self-assessment quizzes accompany each lesson so you can determine your understanding of this material, and lesson transcripts can be printed for easy reference.You'll even have access to our subject-matter experts who can answer any specific questions you have about the material as you study.
For more detailed information about registering and preparing for the OSAT Elementary Education (CEOE) testing, check out our CEOE Resources page https://study.com/ceoe/ceoe-resources.html.
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Education? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Online Masters Degree in Elementary Education with Course Info
- Is the Pomodoro Technique Helpful While Studying Online?
- Online Christian Bible Study Courses and Education Programs
- Free Online Courses and Education
- Should I Become a Writer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pilot? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an EMT? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts