- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 275
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Cognitive Perspective of Learning & Information Processing
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse our comprehensive study guide to review literacy, language acquisition, vocabulary development, text interpretation and reading instructional strategies for the OSAT Reading Specialist exam. Our mobile-friendly platform can help you study whenever you have time so you can be fully prepared on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
28 chapters in OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) (015): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Study Guide
Work at your own pace to build and refine your knowledge of the major competency areas evaluated by the CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist exam. Lessons are available in video format with written transcription available, making studying easy and convenient. You'll feel relaxed on test day knowing that you've prepared with these chapter tests and a practice exam that confirm your knowledge of the content areas you'll find on the exam. These areas include theoretical and historical perspectives, instructional practice, assessment and evaluation, and professional and ethical issues in reading instruction.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the CEOE. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Demonstrate understanding of the connection between reading and other forms of literacy
- Appreciate the impact of various social and environmental factors on reading development
- Discuss various theoretical and historical perspectives on cognitive development and literacy
- Understand and apply effective practices and strategies appropriate to particular learning environments
- Employ knowledge of information processes in language acquisition
- Analyze current trends and movements in reading instruction
Assessment, Diagnosis and Evaluation
- Evaluate the validity and reliability of assessment instruments
- Analyze potential issues, such as accountability and bias, related to the use of assessment instruments and apply correct procedures for evaluative purposes
Role of the Reading Professional
- Utilize evidence-based practices in the planning and implementation of reading curriculum
- Practice self-evaluation within the educational environment and adjust strategies for improvement
CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Exam Course Format
This course consists of 27 chapters offering a total of 256 lessons covering all of the concepts you could encounter on the CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist exam. Whatever study method you prefer, using the flashcards, chapter exams, and the final practice exam will assure your preparedness on test day. All of the tools you need are accessible from a streamlined dashboard which you can access anytime from the computer or mobile device of your choice.
CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Exam Format
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: 80 selected response, 1 constructed response
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80 test fee; $25 CBT fee; $30 registration fee (paid once per program year)
CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Exam Breakdown
|OSAT Exam Concept||Percent of the OSAT Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Foundational Knowledge||11%||10 questions|
|Assessment, Diagnosis, and Evaluation||20%||18 questions|
|Role of the Reading Professional||15%||14 questions|
|Instruction||15%||1 constructed response|
CEOE OSAT Reading Specialist Exam Preparation & Registration
Register for this exam by visiting the CEOE website to create a new account or log into your existing online account. After you've completed your exam registration, you can use the account to make changes such as rescheduling or cancelling the test. On exam day, be sure to arrive at the testing site 15 minutes early and bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English.
Give yourself the advantage by completing this course before taking the OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) exam! Our study tools will help you to confidently prepare to tackle the questions you are likely to encounter on exam day.
For more detailed information about registering and preparing for the OSAT Reading Specialist (CEOE) exam, check out our CEOE Resources page here.
Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) is a registered trademark of the Office of Educational Quality and Accountability and Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Why Studying in College Should Involve More Than Just Reading
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Reading Specialist Certification in Oklahoma
- How to Become a Reading Specialist in North Carolina
- Reading Specialist Certification in Missouri
- Reading Comprehension | A Guide for Teaching Reading
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses