- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 235
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is an Acute Heart Attack?
Course SummaryReview entertaining lessons from home or on the go to boost your knowledge of emergency nursing topics you could see on the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification exam. Check your knowledge and ability to pass the exam by taking our multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This self-paced course provides all the information and study tools you need to take and pass the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification exam. In this course are engaging lessons you can access anytime to strengthen your knowledge of respiratory emergencies, chronic neurological disorders, professional issues for nurses and much more. Short quizzes and practice exams make it easy to assess your comprehension of this course. Upon completion, you will have a well-rounded understanding of topics that include:
- Cardiovascular and neurological emergences
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal emergencies
- Genitourinary, gynecological and obstetrical emergencies
- Psychosocial and medical emergencies
- Maxillofacial, ocular and orthopedic emergencies
- Wound, toxicology and communicable disease emergencies
- Environmental pathologies, diseases and injuries
- Emergencies associated with parasite and fungal infections
- Patient and medical issues for nurses
About the Exam
The Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) exam assesses emergency nursing knowledge and is required for candidates interested in attaining initial CEN certification. It is also an option for individuals seeking recertification. The exam consists of 175 total items (150 scored and 25 unscored) and is divided into 8 sections that cover content areas like psychosocial and medical emergencies, cardiovascular emergencies and professional issues.
To pass, test-takers must correctly answer 106 out of 150 scored items. Score reports are shared within moments of completion. The exam is scheduled by appointment and taken at Pearson VUE testing centers in the United States and across the globe.
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) Exam Preparation & Registration
Preparing for the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) exam is simple using the resources in this course. Review the lessons to brush up on your knowledge of deep vein thrombosis, cirrhosis, anxiety disorders, wound infections, diphtheria, moderate conscious sedation and much more. Multiple-choice quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam are available to check your knowledge of topics covered in this course. Any questions you have can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard. Feel free to review the lessons anytime using any computer, smartphone or tablet to ensure your studies align with your personal schedule.
To schedule your exam, you must fill out an online exam application form. On the day of the exam, arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time and bring two valid forms of ID. If you need to reschedule, you must do so no more than two business days before your scheduled exam date and within the 90-day testing window. It's good to note that qualifying for the test requires that you hold a current unrestricted Registered Nurse license or equivalent nursing certificate in the U.S. or its territories.
Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) Certifications are a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Certified Emergency Nurse Course Overviews
- Emergency Room Nurse Video: Becoming a Certified Emergency Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse Education and Training Requirements
- Certified Emergency Room Nurse Education Requirements
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Compass Exams
- Online Graduate Certificate Programs in Emergency Nursing
- Emergency Room Nurse Certification and Certificate Program Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses