- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 213
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Financial Statements? - Definition, Purpose & Importance
This course can be found in: CMA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, an in-depth CMA study guide, and 200+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis convenient online course helps you prepare for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam. It contains informative lessons that address all the accounting topics on the exam, as well as self-assessments that you can use to check your understanding of important CMA exam concepts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
33 chapters in Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
Our team of experts have carefully put this course together as a way to help you review all of the topics you need to know before you take the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam. Each of these major accounting topics has been separated into individual chapters, and the chapters have been divided further into short, manageable lessons. These lessons can help you get a better handle on the topics addressed in the exam, including:
- Financial statements, measurements, and strategic planning
- Budgeting methodologies, forecasting techniques, and related concepts
- Financial projections and profit planning
- Cost considerations, reporting systems, and performance management
- Business processes and supply chain management
- Compliance, governance, security measures, and system controls
- Analysis protocols in accounting
- Capital management, corporate finance, and international practices
- Risk management, investments, and decision-making
- Professional ethics for accounting
This course was last updated in 2020.
About the Exam
The CMA exam is part of a professional certification program run by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA). Accounting professionals seek out this level of certification to prove their knowledge and experience to employers and clients. The exam itself is divided into two parts. Part 1 asks questions about financial performance, planning, control, and reporting. Part 2 consists of financial decision-making questions. Each part of the exam includes 100 multiple-choice questions and two essay questions. Individuals have four hours to complete each part of the exam. It is required that individuals answer the multiple-choice questions first before moving on to the essay questions.
Individuals must complete this exam on a computer at an approved test site. The exam is available during specific testing windows three times a year. Individuals do not have to pass both parts of the exam; their cumulative, weighted score will determine their final score.
Preparing & Registering for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Exam
Our course offers multiple tools to help you get ready for any question on the CMA exam. Many of our chapters utilize short video lessons. The videos make you feel as if you are in your own classroom, as instructors talk to you directly about major accounting topics, protocols, and formulas. You can pause, rewind, and re-watch the lessons as many times as you need. A large number of the chapters also include text lessons. These well-organized lessons are easy to understand, and they are full of keywords, definitions, examples, and visual aids. Best of all, you can access both the video lessons and text lessons 24/7, thanks to our mobile-friendly online platform.
As this certification program is offered through a professional organization, there are several requirements that must be fulfilled before you can take the exam. For instance, prior to taking the exam, individuals must prove their eligibility, which includes being active members of the Institute of Management Accountants. Individuals must also meet education and professional experience requirements, and pay any necessary fees. Eligible candidates must register to take the exams within one year of paying the initial certification fees, and they must pass both parts of the exam within three years. If this criteria is not met, candidates must repay the entrance fee in order to renew eligibility.
Upon meeting eligibility criteria, individuals receive an authorization from the ICMA with instructions on how to register for the exam. They are provided with a testing window in which the exam appointment can be scheduled.
The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Exam is a registered trademark of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Do I Get My Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Certification?
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Vs. CPA
- What Is CMA Certification?
- Compass Exams
- What Is the GRE Exam?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Certified Coding Specialist: Exam and Licensing Information
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam and Licensing Information
- How Many Questions Are on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses