- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 78
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Departmental Payroll System: Terms & Practices
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare to take the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam with our informative test prep course. This comprehensive study guide is made up of easy-to-use and mobile-friendly lessons that can help you succeed on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Certified Payroll Professional (CPP): Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this engaging study guide course, you'll find lessons and quizzes designed to help you do your very best on the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam. Review these lessons as many times as you need to in order to feel confident you understand topics like withholding, benefits, internal controls, tax reporting and more. You can access these self-paced learning materials 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. When you work through this course, you'll review the following topics:
- Payroll laws and processes
- Employee classification
- How employee paychecks are calculated
- Payroll deductions and withholding
- Employer benefit and contributions plans
- Nontaxable and taxable employee benefits
- Depositing, reporting and preparing taxes
- Payroll accounting, regulations and compliance
- Internal controls and payroll audits
- How a payroll department is managed
About the Exam
The Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam is designed for candidates looking to become certified as payroll professionals. The test consists of questions in seven subject areas, including core payroll concepts, research and compliance, paycheck calculation, payroll process and supporting systems, payroll administration, audits and accounting.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Exam Preparation & Registration
This test prep course was created by expert instructors who understand the topics you'll need to know to take the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and explain them in a way that is easy to understand and remember. Our video lessons are easy to navigate using the video tabs feature, which allows you to skip directly to specific topics. To ensure you're ready for the exam, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to check your comprehension. You can quickly and easily make study guides for offline use with the printable lesson transcripts.
Exam candidates must meet eligibility requirements before completing an application. Completed applications may be submitted via email or fax. You must submit this application before you can make a reservation for the exam. Candidates are strongly encouraged to download the Examination Candidate Handbook for information on exam preparation and registration.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam is a registered trademark of the American Payroll Association which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Certified Payroll Professional Training and Certification Programs
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- 6 Ways Parents Can Help Their Child Prepare for the SAT
- Mechanical Engineering Masters Programs in California
- Online Associate's Degree Programs in Elementary Education
- What Can You Do with a Phd in Educational Psychology
- Graduate Certificates in Theological Studies
- Interior Decorators Job Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing a Career in Interior Decoration
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses