- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 47
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Purposes of Different Types of Audits
Course SummaryGet ready for the Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) exam with this comprehensive test preparation course. You can set your own studying schedule, and the course's short lessons and quizzes help you review all of the auditing topics that you'll encounter on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What is a Corrective Action Plan? - Definition, Procedures & Examples||Take Quiz|
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Outlier in Statistics: Definition & Explanation||Take Quiz|
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Risk Mitigation Strategies||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Critical-to-Quality: Definition & Characteristics||Take Quiz|
About This Course
This comprehensive test preparation course is designed to get you fully prepared for the Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) examination. Taught by expert instructors, this course provides short lessons and practice quizzes that cover all of the information you'll be expected to know. We've aligned the course with the following topics that appear on the exam:
- The fundamentals of quality auditing
- Preparing, planning and performing audits
- Audit reporting, follow-up and closure
- Auditor roles and competencies
- Program management in auditing
- The financial and business impact of audits
- Problem-solving, quality and risk management tools
- Techniques for process improvement
- Basic statistics concepts
- The foundations of process variation
- Sampling methods
About the Exam
This exam is intended for individuals who are pursuing the Certified Quality Auditor credential. It assesses candidates on the CQA Body of Knowledge, which includes auditing fundamentals, the auditing process, auditor competencies, audit program management/business applications and quality tools/techniques.
The computer-based CQA exam consists of 165 multiple-choice questions that must be answered in 5 hours and 30 minutes. This format of the test will have 15 unscored questions and 150 scored questions. The paper-and-pencil version of the exam is also five-and-a-half-hours long, but it only contains 150 questions. Test-takers may bring approved reference materials and calculators to the exam, and about 15%-20% of the exam will be focused on auditing case studies.
Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) Examination Preparation and Registration
We've designed this course with flexibility and convenience in mind. You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and its online format allows you to study whenever you have free time. The lessons are typically less than ten minutes in length, which helps you quickly move through the course. Our instructors highlight important auditing terms and explain concepts through memorable illustrative examples. The lessons also come with quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of the material. To help you get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the CQA exam, we've included multiple-choice chapter exams and a final course assessment.
There are several prerequisites for the CQA exam. In general, a candidate must have at least 8 years of professional experience in several Body of Knowledge areas. The experience requirement may decrease based on your level of education. Be sure to check the American Society for Quality's official website for the most up-to-date prerequisites. The website allows you to register for the exam online, and there are a handful of testing windows offered per year.
Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) examination is developed by the American Society for Quality, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Energy Auditor Training, Degree and Exam Info
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Certified Coding Specialist: Exam and Licensing Information
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam and Licensing Information
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Auditing Courses: Top School for Becoming an Auditor - Indianapolis, IN
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses