- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 110
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Structure & Function in Biological Organization: Benefits & Disadvantages
Course SummaryThis convenient online test preparation course is designed to get you fully prepared for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) exam. These engaging lessons and practice quizzes help you quickly review and master all of the safety professional topics that you'll be tested on.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
18 chapters in Certified Safety Professional (CSP): Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Work through this comprehensive online course to study for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) examination. The course contains short and simple lessons that go over the science, math, management and safety concepts that appear on the test. The topics you can expect to study include:
- Core concepts in anatomy, chemistry, physics and math
- Research methodologies
- Planning and strategic analysis in management
- Safety professional management systems
- Management theories and organizational leadership
- Communication, motivation and discipline in the workplace
- Project management fundamentals
- Finance and budgeting for safety professionals
- Risk management and safety management
- Protective equipment and hazards in the workplace
- Security and emergency preparedness
- Ergonomics and occupational health
- Environmental management systems
- Workplace education and training
- Safety professional laws and ethics
About the Exam
This exam is a part of the Certified Safety Professional certification process. The CSP exam measures competency in nine domains, including advanced science/math, management systems, risk management, advanced safety, emergency prevention/preparedness, occupational health/ergonomics, environmental management systems, training/education and law/ethics. The exam must be completed in five-and-a-half hours, and it is administered via computer.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Examination Preparation and Registration
The course is accessible whenever you need it, and you can use any computer or mobile device to study. As you work through each chapter, you'll work through informative lessons that are taught by expert instructors. Lessons come with printable transcripts, as well as short self-assessment quizzes. Take the chapter exams to solidify your comprehension of the material. If you have any questions, you can submit them to our instructors online. The course also contains a final assessment to help you see if you're ready to sit for the CSP exam.
You can submit an application for the CSP certification through the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) website. If you meet the professional and academic requirements and are approved, you'll be able to purchase and schedule your exam. Exams are offered at Pearson VUE testing centers, which are located throughout the world. Your test results will be available immediately after you take the exam. Be sure to check the BCSP website for the most up-to-date information regarding eligibility criteria, exam fees and recertification requirements.
The Certified Safety Professional (CSP) examination is a registered trademark of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional Education Requirements
- Certified Safety Professional Education Requirements and Career Info
- Public Safety Professional: Career Profile
- Online Certified Professional Secretary Courses and Certification Info
- How to Become a Certified Administrative Professional
- How Do I Become a Certified Professional Secretary
- Flashcards - Food Safety & Preparation
- Online Safety Technician Courses Overview
- Online Occupational Safety and Health Courses
- Online Safety Supervisor Courses and Classes
- Overview of Certified Coding Specialist Classes and Courses
- Global Trade Compliance Advisor Job Description and Information About Becoming a Global Trade Compliance Advisor
- Best Graduate Schools
- Java Engineer Job Duties and Requirements for Starting a Career in Java Engineering
- Vocational Rehab Schools
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses