- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 122
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1IIA Code of Ethics: Principles & Rules of Conduct
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare for the CFSA exam with this engaging study guide course. The video and text lessons provided here are mobile-friendly and accessible 24 hours a day so you can review the topics you'll find on the exam and increase your confidence before test day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
19 chapters in CFSA Exam Study Guide - Certified Financial Services Auditor
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this informative test prep course, you'll review professionally designed learning materials that help prepare you to take the CFSA exam. Our short and user-friendly lessons are followed by multiple-choice quizzes that help to test your understanding and can be used to see how well you'd do on test day. If you need to go back and review any of the topics over again, our video lessons are easy to navigate using the video tabs feature found in the Timeline. This helpful course is designed to help you learn and master the following topics:
- The standards and principles of the IIA
- Professional auditing processes, plus audit planning and fieldwork
- Information technology's impact on auditing
- Financial statement components and elements
- Banking and financial services and financial services operations
- Financial products and markets
- Overview of annuities and trusts
- Insurance products and policies
- Pension basics
- Risk management, mitigation and an overview of underwriting
- Regulatory roles and function
- The regulatory environment for internal auditing
- Theories related to money management
- Finance derivatives
About the Exam
Candidates looking to become a Certified Financial Services Auditor must take and pass the CFSA exam. This computer-administered test is made up of 115 multiple-choice questions given over the course of a two-hour-and-55-minute time period. Eighty percent of the exam focuses on four disciplines that relate to internal auditing proficiency, including financial services auditing, auditing financial services processes, auditing financial services products and the regulatory environment. The remaining 20% of the test is given in the subject-area specialty chosen by the candidate.
CFSA Exam Preparation & Registration
As you prepare for the CFSA exam, our learning materials make it easy to work at your own pace and review the lessons as many times as you need to. Our printable lesson transcripts make excellent study guides that highlight important phrases, terms and topics. Because our tools are written by professional instructors, you can feel confident that you're learning the subjects you need to know in order to be prepared to take the exam. If you have any questions as you move through the course, reach out to an instructor for help.
Candidates who are interested in taking the CFSA exam must set up an account and apply online. Once applicants have completed the registration process and paid all appropriate test fees, they may choose the location where they would like to sit for their test.
CFSA exam is a registered trademark of The Institute of Internal Auditors, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- What to Wear on Exam Day & Other Tips on Successfully Passing the ACT & SAT
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses