- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Pass the CFA Level 1 Exam
Course SummaryPrepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam with this effective and convenient test prep course. The course's fun lessons and practice quizzes are designed to help you efficiently prepare for the exam, master important financial concepts and earn a high score.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
If you're seeking the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential, work through this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for all three levels of the CFA exam. Inside the course, you'll find engaging and informative lessons that cover all of the financial topics that appear on the exam. You'll learn from expert instructors and reinforce your finance knowledge with the course's self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- Finance ethics and professional standards
- Quantitative finance methods
- The economics of financial markets
- Domestic economics
- Currency exchange and international trade
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Corporate finance
- Equity and alternative investments
- Fixed-income securities
- Portfolios and portfolio performance analysis
- Effective finance strategies
About the Exam
Containing three levels, the annually-offered CFA exam is intended for candidates who are seeking the Chartered Financial Analyst credential. You must pass each level sequentially in order to earn the credential, and each level of the exam increases in complexity. The Level I exam contains 240 multiple-choice questions that must be completed in two 3-hour sessions. The Level II exam is broken up into two sessions with a total of 20 item set questions. Finally, the Level III exam contains essay and item set questions that are divided into a morning and afternoon session.
CFA Exam Preparation & Registration
This course can be completed at your own pace, and you can create your own study schedule based on the amount of free time you have outside of work or school. These lessons are taught by expert instructors who simplify complex financial concepts and illustrate them through memorable examples. Use your course dashboard to jump to the chapters you want to study. Video lessons include interactive timelines that help you navigate to important finance definitions and formulas. Lesson transcripts are included, and our instructors are available to answer your questions. Finally, we encourage you to take the lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment to practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the CFA exam.
In order to enroll for the first level of the exam, candidates must either have an undergraduate education, four years of professional experience or a combination of both. Applicants must also have an international travel passport. To register for the exam, you'll need to create an account on the CFA Institute's official website. From there, you can find upcoming test dates, testing locations and applicable fees. Please check the CFA website for specific eligibility requirements.
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam is a registered trademark of the CFA Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Masters Programs for Financial Analysts: Degree Information
- Tax Preparer Courses and Classes Overview
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses