- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 130
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Strategy Formulation: Definition, Model & Process
Course SummaryAre you an accountant seeking to add a professional, respected designation to your name? If so, then you can use this study guide to help you review principles and strategies you would need to know when take the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
20 chapters in Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA): Exam Prep & Study Guide
About This Course
From management strategies to financial knowledge, this course can help you study the topics that you'll need to know when taking the CGMA exam. The lessons address topics including corporate finance, business valuations, capital structure, auditing and risk management. With the use of this course, you will develop a better understanding of the following:
- Strategic management and analysis practices
- Performance measurement techniques
- Knowledge management and information systems
- Change and supply chain management
- Corporate financial performance, strategies and objectives
- Hedge accounting and debt and equity financing
- Capital structure theories
- Mergers and acquisitions processes
- Business valuation methods
- Business and financial risk management
- Corporate governance and control systems
- Investment appraisals and decision-making processes
About the Exam
The CGMA exam is a computer-based exam administered to accountants seeking the CGMA designation. Test takers must answer open-ended questions based on a business scenario or case study that is provided in advance. The exam consists of three to five tasks, and each task must be answered within a specified time frame. The test as a whole lasts three hours. The three main areas of accounting covered in the exam are strategic development and implementation, governance and risk management, and corporate financial strategy.
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) Exam Preparation & Registration
This comprehensive study guide is designed to address all of the material you could need to know for the CGMA exam. The lessons comprising this course cover such topics as strategic analysis models, business performance appraisals, organizational change and information technology. Each lesson is presented in either text or video format and take only 5-10 minutes to review. You can print out video lesson transcripts or text lessons to create offline reference tools. Take the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to measure what you have learned and determine if you are ready for the CGMA exam.
Members of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) are eligible to take this exam provided they meet experience requirements. Registration is conducted through the CGMA website or via an online form on the AICPA website. Registration may also be conducted by phone with the AICPA. You can schedule your exam at the time you submit your registration and payment of fees through AICPA or the CGMA website. You can also pay exam fees and schedule your exam date and location through Pearson VUE, which administers the exam. Two forms of ID must be presented at the site on the day of your exam.
CGMA is a trademark of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Chartered Management Accountant: Job Description and Requirements
- Chartered Accountant Job, Salary and Career Information
- Chartered Accountant Education Requirements and Career Info
- What Does a Public Accountant Do?
- What Does a Financial Accountant Do?
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Vs. CPA
- Management Accountant: Job Description & Career Info
- Alternative Careers for Accountants
- Accountant Vs. Controller
- Accountant Promotion Opportunities
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses