- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Acids List & Flashcards
Course SummaryBrowse through this collection of flashcard sets to improve your memory and comprehension of concepts in chemistry. Any of the available sets can assist you with brushing up on chemical diagrams, concepts, and key vocabulary terms as you prepare for a test or a class discussion.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About These Flashcards
Inside this collection you can find flashcards that discuss major topics within the field of chemistry. To help you target your studies, each set focuses on a specific topic area, allowing you to refresh your memory about terms, images, and other concepts. A few of the flashcard topics covered within this collection are as follows:
- The periodic table
- Organic chemistry
- Chemical bonding
- Acids and bases
How Flashcards Help
- Student engagement: Provides a more interactive way to learn about the inner workings of organic chemistry and other chemistry topics.
- Vocabulary expansion: Helps you retain important words and concepts used to describe such chemistry topics as acids, chemical bonds, and the periodic table.
- Learning strategies: Flashcards can help improve memorization of elements found within the periodic table through repetition and interactive functionality.
How They Work
As there are countless terms, concepts, and chemical names to remember in chemistry, this collection of flashcard sets is certain to help anyone become comprehend and retain this information.
- Go to a chapter that covers the chemistry topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, term, or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are Some Online Courses that Will Assist in the Understanding of Data Structure Concepts?
- Advice for How to Prepare for Standardized State Testing with Your Class
- How to Set Up Your Substitute Teacher for Success
- How to Set Up Your Kindergarten Classroom Quickly
- How to Prepare for AP Classes
- How to Hack Your Memory to Ace Tests
- How You Can Use Memory Tricks to Study for Tests
- Online Classes and Courses in Administrative Assisting
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- How Teachers Can Set Students Up for Success During the Summer
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses