- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1History of the Atom Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryUse the lessons in this course as a fun and easy way to help your students increase their understanding of chemistry. This Chemistry for Kids course can help them achieve better grades, reinforce the concepts they've been learning in class and prepare for upcoming exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course gives children the foundation they need to understand chemistry topics including atoms and elements through short and interesting video and text lessons. The lessons were designed by our knowledgeable instructors to be filled with eye-catching graphics and animated videos. Short lesson quizzes will test their memory and understanding of what they have studied. There is also a chapter test that measures their comprehensive knowledge of the material.
How It Works
- Students have the chance to select different chemistry topics to learn more about, such as atoms and elements, or they can take the entire course for a thorough review.
- Students can watch and replay a lesson as many times as they need to in order to retain the information.
- The lessons are all short in duration which allows students to not only keep interest in the lessons, but also work through them efficiently
- Critical vocabulary that students should focus on is in bold text in the text lessons.
- Lesson quizzes and chapter tests reinforce how well the students have learned and retained the information and the results are immediately given.
Using the Course
This comprehensive study tool and resource offers students a thorough way to learn more about chemistry in an engaging and easy manner. The learning environment is safe and positive for students. There is also an option for parents and teachers to receive additional support to help struggling students in a way that can meet their needs and learning preferences.
Teachers and parents can use this course in the following ways:
- To prepare for quizzes and tests given in the classroom
- As support for homework and assignments
- As an interactive study tool or an extra classroom resource
- To add to what students learn in the classroom
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Chemistry Teacher Courses with Classes Overview
- Organic Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Free Online Chemistry Classes with Course Descriptions
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Organic Chemistry Courses & Learning Materials
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses