- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 225
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Mixtures Lesson & Solutions Plan for Elementary School
Course SummaryHelp to make learning about chemistry processes and concepts fun for your students with the lesson plans described in this course. Our lesson plans provide details about activities, projects and assignments you can have your students do in or outside the classroom to engage them in these topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This course offers you resources designed to support your existing syllabus focusing on various chemistry topics. You can use the fun activities outlined in this course to find creative ways to teach your students about acids and bases, radioactivity and chemical reactions. These activities will not only facilitate your students' learning experience but help to keep them focused and engaged in learning about these concepts.
Support your classroom materials with short but effective video and text lessons that cover more details about chemistry topics. These lessons can be employed to generate classroom discussions and the quizzes found with each lesson are great assessment tools you can use to determine how much your students have retained.
How It Works
Our lessons and lesson plans allow you to expand your existing syllabus and incorporate entertaining ways you can teach chemistry. Lesson plans provide detailed instructions to ensure that you use each activity effectively. Video and text lessons are easily accessible from any device 24/7, so you can use them in the class or have your students view them at home.
The course includes:
- Descriptions for classroom activities that allow students to apply chemistry concepts to group and individual projects and assignments to help them better understand what has been discussed in class
- Video and text lessons that further explain and clarify chemistry topics and spark classroom discussions
- Printable video lesson transcripts that can be used as study aids when preparing for quizzes or tests
- Brief multiple-choice quizzes with each lesson that measure what students have learned and identify any topics they might be struggling with
How It Helps
- Meets curriculum standards: - Ensures your lessons meet common core education standards for chemistry topics
- Details effective teaching strategies: Describes how to use video and text lessons to maximize class time
- Supports student engagement and participation: Uses fun activities and extended projects to keep students interested and involved in chemistry group assignments and class discussions
In this course, you will find lesson plans that focus on the following:
- Basic chemistry concepts
- Aspects of radioactivity
- Details about acids and bases
- Chemical bonds and chemical reactions
- Types and examples of macromolecules
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Use Pop Culture in Your Lessons to Engage Students
- What to Do if Students Aren't Responding Well to Your Lesson Plans
- 5 Fall Activities to Help Get Your Students Outside
- What Is Project-Based Learning? | PBL Ideas & Lesson Plans
- Classroom Projects That Engaged My High School Students
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- How Accepting Late Assignments Helped My Students
- How to Keep Learning Fun When Students Have the Winter Blues
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Math Lesson Plans
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses