- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 134
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryLet us help you get ready to take the Chemistry NY Regents Examination with this review course featuring all the topics you'll encounter on test day, including atoms, nuclear chemistry, equilibrium and more. Our short video lessons and quizzes help you measure how well you understand the material and see where you need to focus additional study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About the Course
If you're a New York high school student, you can choose from four Regents science exams, including chemistry, earth science, the living environment and physics, en route to earning your Regents Diploma. If you're pursuing a diploma with advanced designation, you'll need to pass two Regents science exams: one focused on physical science and the other focused on life science.
A science exam is just one of five tests you'll need to pass to secure your Regents Diploma and thus graduate from high school. The other exams center on comprehensive English, math, and global and U.S. history.
Our online study guide for the Chemistry Regents Exam opens with a chapter that explores experimental chemistry and provides a refresher on matter. Our brief video lessons then progress to more complex topics, such as chemical bonding, stoichiometry and chemical reactions. Additional topics addressed in this chapter include the following:
- The periodic table
- Nuclear chemistry
- Liquids and solids
- Introduction to organic chemistry
The Chemistry Regents Exam features around 85 multiple-choice and constructed-response questions, which you'll have three hours to complete. You'll need a 4-function calculator and a copy of the 2011 Edition Reference Tables for Physical Setting/Chemistry to complete this exam.
Chemistry Regents Exam Preparation
This chemistry study guide features a collection of video lessons, written transcripts and self-assessment quizzes aimed at preparing you for the Regents Exam. The video lessons are brief - most can be watched in just 5-10 minutes - and our instructors use everyday language and relatable examples to make even complex concepts easy to understand. To expose yourself to the types of questions you can expect on the Regents Chemistry Exam, complete our short, multiple-choice quizzes.
Chemistry Regents Exam Scoring
You'll earn one point for each multiple-choice question that you answer correctly on the Chemistry Regents Exam. Open-ended questions are scored by at least two science teachers, who will use a scoring key and rating guide provided by the state. In some cases, you can earn partial credit for a wrong answer to an open-ended question if your response was scientifically accurate and demonstrated adequate knowledge. You'll need to earn a score of 65 on a scale of 100 to qualify for a Regents Diploma.
NY Regents is a registered trademark of New York State Education Department, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Music Help Children with ADHD Focus While Studying?
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Organic Chemistry Courses & Learning Materials
- Materials Chemistry Graduate Programs
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- University of Cornell in Ithaca, NY Video Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses