- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Classroom Management Techniques
Course SummaryUse this course to brush up on classroom management approaches.. You'll review or learn new information about relevant theories and strategies that you can implement in your own classroom.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Whether you're looking for new ways to motivate your students or methods for addressing behavioral issues, the lessons comprising this chapter can help you review strategies for managing your classroom. Our instructors will guide you through disciplinary practices, daily scheduling habits, parental communication methods and cultural learning styles to help you create a more positive and effective learning environment.
How It Works
Review our video lessons and take self-assessment quizzes to gauge your understanding and identify any areas in which you need further review. The videos are accessible whenever you need them.
This course includes:
- Short and engaging video lessons providing study in classroom management techniques
- Timeline features for each lesson that allow you to jump to any point in the video
- Printable lesson transcripts that you can use as a helpful reference tool
- Accompanying quizzes that help you measure what you have retained from each lesson
- End-of-chapter tests and a final exam that you can use to assess your understanding of all the classroom management concepts
How It Helps
- Provides tips and strategies: You will learn how to apply these concepts in your own classroom.
- Improves your understanding of behavior: Video lessons cover types of behavior and how to address any issues in the classroom.
- Focuses on student success: Instructors show you how to apply motivational and organizational strategies that will help students improve their performance and enjoy greater achievement.
|Theories of Classroom Management|| Overview and applications of classroom management techniques, including behaviorism, constructivism, humanism, and operant conditioning|
Application and models of theories from Wong, Dreikurs, Glasser and Ginott
How to create a positive learning environment
|Factors Affecting Classroom Management|| Details of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs|
The attribution, expectancy value and self-determination theories
Differences of self-efficacy and self-concept
Learned helplessness in the classroom
Characteristics of a teacher leader
|Personal Philosophy of Classroom Management|| Why a personal philosophy of classroom management is effective|
Planning effective instructional procedures
Physically designing an effective classroom
Building relationships with students
Parental involvement techniques
|Motivation in the Classroom|| The effects of motivation on learning|
Motivation in self-regulated learning
Engaging students with extracurricular activities
Types of motivation and how teachers can use them
Using goals and social-cognitive learning behaviors to increase motivation
The attributions and expectations of teachers and students
Strategies of self-directed learning
|Approaches to Routines in the Classroom|| Implementing classroom norms and setting student expectations|
Creating daily classroom routines
Organizing learning materials
Planning a daily classroom schedule
Recognizing classroom technological tools and teaching students to use them properly
|Positive Learning Environments|| Ways to create effective, respectful and challenging learning environments|
Applying strategies for teaching responsibility
Promoting learning through students' interests and experiences
|Classroom Disciplinary Problems & Approaches|| Strategies for applying discipline in the classroom|
Types of disciplinary problems in the classroom
Techniques for reducing bad behavior
Defining bullying and how to prevent it
Discipline philosophies and how to apply them
Using activities to help students resolve conflict
Techniques for helping traumatized children
|Culturally Responsive Approaches in the Classroom|| Detailing the Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) method|
Applying elements of the CRT method in the classroom
The positive effects of CRT strategies for student motivation and participation
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Classroom Management Strategies | Classroom Rules & Procedures
- How to Implement Personalized Learning Plans in the Classroom
- Here's How I Implemented a Reciprocal Teaching Strategy in My Classroom
- Classroom Management Strategies: Building on a Strong Foundation
- Dealing with Difficult Classroom Situations You'll See Often
- The Fundamentals of Effective Classroom Management for New Teachers
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Distance Learning Airport Security Management Course and Class Reviews
- Why You Should Implement Microlearning in the Classroom
- The Downsides of Implementing a Blended Classroom
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses