- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 176
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse the fun lessons and short quizzes in our test prep course to prepare for the CLEP College Mathematics exam and get closer to your goal of earning college credit. These user-friendly study resources can strengthen and assess your math knowledge and boost your confidence before taking the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
You can quickly earn six hours of college credit by passing the CLEP College Mathematics test instead of taking this course on a traditional college campus. Preparing for the exam is easy and fast when you use the engaging and concise video lessons and quizzes in this test prep course - getting you ready for the exam in just a few short weeks.
The video lessons in this time-saving course feature all the topics covered in a standard college math course for non-math majors, including linear equations, logic, complex numbers and geometry. You'll watch lessons on properties of exponents and polynomials and get step-by-step instructions on how to solve rational expressions, graph inequalities and factor quadratic equations. Lessons devoted entirely to practice problems give you the hands-on experience you need to pass the CLEP exam. These lessons use dynamic animations and on-screen graphics to help you quickly and easily retain critical info.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You'll have mastered the following objectives when you've finished taking this CLEP College Mathematics course. These objectives cover the same concepts you'll be asked about on the CLEP exam. For additional preparation, you can take the final CLEP College Mathematics practice test after you complete this course. After you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Provide an overview of the foundations of math
- Complete basic math operations
- Detail basic math measurement
- Outline the properties of polynomials
- Define data analysis as it's used in math
- Discuss the foundations of probability
- Give an overview of financial mathematics
- Explain inequalities and linear equations
- Graph and factor quadratic equations
- Differentiate between imaginary and complex numbers
- Work with rational expressions
- Solve problems with logarithms and exponentials
- Assess basic mathematical logic
Prerequisites aren't needed for this entry-level course. You can jump in right away and start learning how to solve common math problems.
This course has 151 video lessons that are divided into 18 chapters. The quick and concise video lessons can be watched in about 5-10 minutes each. A short quiz accompanies each lesson to test your understanding of the materials. You can also use the attached written transcript to follow along with the video or go back and check something you missed.
This course has a progress tracking feature that lets you see how many lessons you've watched and which quizzes you passed. Every chapter ends with a chapter exam, and the course wraps up with a final exam.
College Mathematics CLEP Exam Information
The College Mathematics CLEP exam tests your knowledge of the same concepts covered in a first-year college math course for non-majors. It's designed for students who won't need advanced math courses for their majors. It can be used to meet general education requirements at many colleges and universities.
- Number of Questions: Approximately 60
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 6
- Exam Cost: $85
Earn CLEP Credit
The CLEP exam in College Mathematics leads to 6 transferable credits that can help you save money and graduate faster. The credits you earn by passing this exam can be applied to more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities. This self-paced course is the most effective way to prepare for the exam and earn credits quickly.
Study Schedule for the CLEP College Mathematics Exam
This course features about 20 hours of instruction that you can complete on your schedule. The time table below can be used as a guide to help you decide how long you'll need to prepare for the exam. You might consider calling the test center a few weeks before you want to take the test to ensure you get a test slot when you're ready.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 2 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 3 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Almost 7 weeks|
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- Army-Friendly Colleges
- Are College Midterms As Important As Final Exams?
- College Student Uses Study.com for Psychology CLEP Preparation
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses