- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Gender Differences: The Nature Versus Nurture Debate
Course SummaryIf you need help getting ready for the Human Growth and Development CLEP exam, check out our flexible study guide course. Get the best grade you can on the test by working through the video lessons at your own pace and taking the quizzes to assess your understanding of key human growth and development topics.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This Human Growth and Development CLEP test prep course can help you earn a form of college credit accepted by almost 3,000 colleges and universities. Watch our entertaining videos and check your understanding of important developmental psychology concepts with short quizzes.
You can leverage your knowledge of the developmental theories and stages associated with infancy on up through late adulthood into three hours of college credit for far less than it costs to enroll in a school's semester-long course.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Questions on the Human Growth and Development CLEP exam test your ability to meet the following learning objectives. We have lessons addressing each of them, so you can show up to your exam appointment assured that you've been studying topics covered on the actual test.
- Compare the various theoretical approaches to human growth and development, including those of Freud, Erikson and Piaget
- Understand the research methods used in the study of human growth and development
- Illustrate the ways in which genetics affect intelligence and temperament
- Outline the role genetics play in the development of psychological disorders
- Explain the stages of development from infancy to adulthood
- Describe how the five senses develop
- Assess changes to intelligence throughout the life span
- Define and defend Lev Vygotsky's theory of cognitive development
- Compare theories of creativity and intelligence development
- Diagram the stages of language development
- Explain Erikson's stages of psychosocial development
- Outline Levinson's stages of adult development
- Understand attachment theory as it relates to infants
- Survey developmental abnormalities, mood disorders and other mental health conditions
We also have introductory and educational psychology courses. While you're not required to complete them before beginning your study of human growth and development, these courses might enhance your study by giving you a firm foundation in basic psychology concepts.
Altogether, this course includes 95 video lessons covering everything from genetics and biological development to family systems and intelligence theories. Instruction is divided into 11 chapters, which means you can watch, revisit and review topics in whatever order you please.
We've also included self-checking lesson quizzes, chapter quizzes and a final CLEP Human Growth and Development practice test that provide you with immediate feedback on your progress. You can also leave questions for our subject-matter experts if you get stuck at any point during your studies.
Human Growth and Development CLEP Exam Information
Acceptable scores on this CLEP exam can applied towards your degree program in lieu of a college's human growth and development course. Students might take this class to meet their major's social science general education requirements or prepare for more specialized study in the field of psychology, sociology or a related field.
- Number of Questions: About 90
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Earn CLEP Credit
This test prep course can be completed in a matter of weeks and allows you to earn the same three hours of credit you'd receive for showing up to class for an entire semester. It's also a considerably more affordable option that can cut the cost of your degree program and help you graduate faster.
Study Schedule for the Human Growth and Development CLEP Exam
Approximately ten hours of expert instruction are included in this human growth and development course. The self-paced lessons can be completed in three weeks or less if you follow one of the study schedules outlined below. Regardless of how you go about completing the lessons, be sure to set up a test date in enough time to ensure you get the appointment you want.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Less than 2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 3 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Human Growth and Development Degree and Certificate Programs
- What Can You Do With a Human Development Major?
- Human Development Studies: Education and Career Options
- Top Schools for Human Development and Family Studies
- Human Development Degree Programs with Course Information
- How to Become a Human Resource Development Specialist
- How to Become a Human and Organizational Development Advisor
- Flashcards - Human Development Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in Human Development or Family Studies
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses