- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 122
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is an Information System?
Course SummaryReview application software, system development, decision support systems and all the other topics you'll find on the CLEP Information Systems exam with this interactive test prep course. Our quizzes, video lessons and mobile-friendly platform help prepare you to get a great score.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Watch engaging and comprehensive video lessons for just a couple weeks, and prepare to earn three college credits by passing the CLEP Information Systems exam. All the topics you would find in an introductory business information systems course are included in our short and fun video lessons. You'll examine different types of operating systems and the components of enterprise business systems, while learning how to use validation tools and manipulate a database using structured query language.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Once you've finished watching the lessons in this course, you'll have mastery of the following objectives. These objectives correlate with the topics tested on the CLEP Information Systems exam. For additional preparation for the CLEP test, use our course final CLEP Information Systems practice test.
- Define and outline the components of an information system
- Diagram and describe the hardware components of a computer system
- Identify and appraise common systems and application software, including operating systems
- Summarize how the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet work and differentiate between them
- Categorize and explain the components of a telecommunications system
- Outline how enterprise business systems work
- Diagram and explain decision support systems and other specialized information systems
- Describe the process of software development and management tools used in the software development process
- Break down why information systems use the database approach to data management
- Evaluate the impact of information technology on society and privacy
- Summarize the basics of programming and steps in the programming process
This is an introductory course on business information systems and prerequisites aren't needed. Start learning about info systems right away.
This course features 100 short video lessons - each runs about five to ten minutes - contained in 11 chapters. Take the quick quiz that follows each video lesson to check your comprehension of the subject matter. A transcript is also included with each lesson in case you want to read along. You'll also find a chapter exam and final exam that you can use to prepare for the CLEP test.
Keep track of the lessons you've completed and quizzes you've passed using the progress tracking tool. If you run into questions, the subject experts who teach these lessons can answer them for you.
CLEP Information Systems Exam Information
Questions on the CLEP Information Systems exam are focused on the same topics you'll find in an introductory college course, typically taken in your first or second year. This 1-semester course is often a lower-level requirement for general business or business info systems majors.
- Number of Questions: Approximately 100
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 1.5 hours
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Information Systems CLEP Exam Breakdown
|CLEP Exam Concept||Percent of the CLEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Study.com Chapter|
|Information Systems and Office Application Software in Organizations||25%||25 questions||17 lessons|
|Hardware and Systems Technology||20%||20 questions||7 lessons|
|Information Systems Software Development||15%||15 questions||6 lessons|
|Programming Concepts and Data Management||25%||25 questions||26 lessons|
|Business, Social and Ethical Implications and Issues||15%||15 questions||7 lessons|
Earn CLEP Credit
Passing the CLEP Information Systems Exam leads to three transferable college credits that you can apply at more than 2,900 colleges and universities nationwide. Earning credits by passing an exam can help you graduate faster and cut the cost of your degree in half. This course is the most effective way to prepare for the exam and earn credits quickly.
Study Schedule for the CLEP Information Systems Exam
This course includes about ten hours of instruction. The self-paced format of these lessons means you'll be able to choose a study schedule that works best for you. A timetable is included below to help you figure out the right time to schedule your exam. Call and schedule your exam in advance so you get the time slot that you prefer.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 3 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - Information Systems Software Applications
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Flashcards - Information Systems Application & Impact
- Associate of Information Systems Technology - Software Engineer
- Flashcards - Decision Making & Specialized Information Systems
- Systems Biology Course and Class Information
- How to Become an Information Systems Specialist
- Mechanical Device Engineers Info About a Career in Mechanical Device Engineering and Mechanical Device Technology
- Radiology Assistant Schools
- Online Degree Accredited College University
- Extruding Machine Technician Job Outlook and Requirements for Becoming an Extruding Machine Technician
- Printing Machine Technician Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Printing Machine Technician
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses