- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 213
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1American Law: History & Origins from English Common Law
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the CLEP Introductory Business Law exam with this study guide. You'll find a variety of helpful tools, such as engaging video lessons, brief assessment quizzes and practice tests, that can help you ace the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
Earning three college credits is as easy as taking just a few weeks to study with our CLEP Introductory Business Law prep course. A passing score on the CLEP exam leads to transferable credit that you can use at more than 2,900 colleges and universities.
Use our engaging and fun video lessons to learn all the concepts you would find in a standard college business law course. You'll learn about the American legal system, legal procedures, statute of fraud and consumer protection. Find out what constitutes an offer in contract law and get the definition for intellectual property law through lessons featuring dynamic animations and on-screen graphics that bring these concepts to life.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
When you've completed the lessons in this course, you'll have mastery of the following objectives. The questions on the CLEP Introductory Business Law exam are in line with these objectives. If you want an additional preparation option, take the final CLEP Introductory Business Law practice test that comes with this course.
- Outline key points in the history of American law
- Detail the sources of law
- Explain how the American legal system works
- Discuss the basics on contract law
- Define torts in business law
- Identify concepts important to product liability and consumer protection
- Describe the role of agency in business law
- Understand antitrust and securities law
- Outline the different types of business organizations
- Differentiate between defamation, slander and libel
- Identify the rights of creditors
- Describe what constitutes breach of contract
You won't need to take any prerequisites before starting this introductory course.
The CLEP Introductory Business Law exam prep course is made up of video lessons and quizzes. You'll find 178 video lessons categorized into 24 chapters. These video lessons only take about five to ten minutes to watch. You'll find a lesson quiz and transcript attached to each lesson, in case you want to follow along with the video or test your knowledge of the subject matter.
A progress tracking tool helps you keep track of the lessons you've watched and quizzes you've taken. When you finish a chapter, take the chapter exam to make sure you understand the info, then wrap up the course with the final exam.
CLEP Introductory Business Law Exam Information
The CLEP Introductory Business Law exam covers the same topics found in an introductory college course on business law. This course typically takes one semester to complete and is generally a course you would take in the first or second year of your college career. It's often used as a requirement for business or management majors before taking advanced courses, but it could also be an elective course for students in the business field.
- Number of Questions: Approximately 100
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 1.5 hours
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Introductory Business Law CLEP Exam Breakdown
|CLEP Exam Concept||Percent of the CLEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Study.com Chapter|
|History and Sources of American Law/Constitutional Law||5%-10%||5-10 questions||20 lessons|
|American Legal Systems and Procedures||5%-10%||5-10 questions||20 lessons|
|Contracts||25%-35%||25-35 questions||61 lessons|
|Legal Environment||25%-30%||25-30 questions||46 lessons|
|Torts||10%-15%||10-15 questions||13 lessons|
|Miscellaneous||5%-10%||5-10 questions||18 lessons|
Earn CLEP Credit
You can earn three college credits with a passing score on the CLEP Introductory Business Law Exam, which can be used to cut the cost of your degree (and the time you spend earning it) in half. This course is the most effective way to prepare for the CLEP exam and earn credits quickly.
Study Schedule for the CLEP Introductory Business Law Exam
Nearly 22 hours of instruction are included in this course. These self-paced lessons give you flexible study options, so you can study when you have time. Use the timetable below to determine how much time is needed to get ready for the exam. Then call the test center and schedule your appointment to get the time slot that works for you.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 2.5 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 3.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 7 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Should I Take CLEP Exams? How to Decide Which One Is Right For You
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses