- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 128
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryLet us help you get ready to take the CLEP Precalculus exam and earn college credits with this interesting study guide course. Use these short video lessons to learn about the topics on the exam, such as factoring, trigonometry, functions and more, and then take the quizzes to measure how well you remember the subject matter.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
Earn three hours of college credit quickly by spending just a few weeks learning critical concepts through our test prep course in precalculus. Our course features engaging and fast lessons covering the same topics you would find in a typical semester-length precalculus course, including inverse functions, compound inequalities, polynomials, piecewise functions and more.
Dynamic animations help you calculate volumes of shapes or find distance using the Pythagorean Theorem, while step-by-step lessons from expert instructors teach you how to solve equations and graph transformations or reflections across axes. These fun lessons make it easy to remember critical precalculus concepts as you prepare to earn credit that can be used at more than 2,900 colleges and universities.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You'll have mastery of the following objectives once you've completed the Precalculus CLEP prep course. These objectives are in line with concepts tested on the CLEP exam. You can take the final CLEP Precalculus practice test that is part of our course to make sure you're ready for the CLEP exam.
- Determine the domain and range of functions
- Compose functions and evaluate composite functions
- Solve and graph equations with exponential functions
- Solve and graph problems with logarithms
- Evaluate compound inequalities and systems of inequalities
- Graph 1- and 2- variable inequalities and absolute value inequalities
- Solve linear equations with one and two variables
- Multiply binomials using FOIL
- Factor quadratic equations
- Complete the square
- Simplify expressions using exponents
- Divide polynomials with long and synthetic division
- Evaluate and graph piecewise functions
- Solve visualizing geometry problems
- Calculate the volumes of basic shapes
- Solve problems with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Graph sine, cosine, and transformations
- Use the double angle formula
- Know and apply the properties of right triangles
- Graph reflections
- Solve rational equations
There are no requirements for additional courses you need to take before starting this precalculus course.
This course has 82 video lessons that are divided into 11 chapters. Each video lesson can be viewed in about 5-10 minutes and comes with a quiz that you can use to quickly check your knowledge of the materials. The course has a progress tracking feature that lets you see how many lessons you've watched and the number of quizzes you've passed. Chapter quizzes end each chapter, and you can conclude the course with a final exam.
Precalculus CLEP Exam Information
The CLEP Precalculus exam has questions covering the same materials you would find in a semester-long college course. Students who need extra preparation prior to enrolling in a college calculus course often take precalculus. It might also be used to fulfill general education requirements, depending on the school.
- Number of Questions: About 48
- Question Type: Mainly multiple-choice; some require a numerical answer to be input
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Earn CLEP Credit
Taking the CLEP Precalculus exam means you can earn 3 college-level credits on your schedule, instead of spending an entire semester learning about this subject - potentially helping you to graduate faster and cut the cost of your degree. The lessons in this course are the most efficient way to prepare for the exam and earn credits quickly.
Study Schedule for the CLEP Precalculus Exam
This test prep course consists of just over 8 hours of instruction. The lessons are self-paced, allowing you to choose a study schedule that works for you. We've included a time table below to help you decide when you'll need to schedule your exam.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1.5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Nearly 3 weeks|
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- How to Decide Which CLEP Exams You Should Take
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses