- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 104
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBoost your understanding of what you'll be tested on when you take the CLEP Principles of Marketing exam. Our test prep course contains short video lessons and self-assessment quizzes that you can use to earn the best possible score you can on the exam and earn three hours of college credit.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
You don't have to fork over hundreds of dollars and hours upon hours of your valuable time to earn college credit. With our help, you can prepare for the Principles of Marketing CLEP exam and earn three hours of college credit in just a few weeks and for a fraction of the cost.
Our self-paced instructional videos allow you to study marketing philosophies, research strategies, product promotions, advertising and pretty much everything else you might cover in a one-semester introductory marketing class. Instructors make the material engaging and easy to follow, so you can commit important marketing concepts to memory and ace the exam.
Check out our CLEP Preparation resources! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge, and CLEP informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Lessons in this course are designed to address each of the CLEP test objectives, which means you'll spend your study time learning about topics covered on the actual exam. By the time you finish, you should be able to do the following:
- Diagram and analyze the four Ps of marketing: product, place, price and promotion
- Explain and evaluate marketing philosophies, including market and sales orientation
- Illustrate how marketers establish and analyze competitive advantage
- Evaluate the external influences on marketing strategies
- Analyze global marketing and diagram concerns about marketing in foreign markets
- Model consumer behavior theory and the decision-making process
- Differentiate between business and consumer marketing
- Outline market segmentation and how marketers use positioning and differentiation
- Diagram product life cycles and the process for creating new products
- Summarize the marketing channel
- Demonstrate comprehension of and differentiate between services and goods
- Differentiate between promotion, advertising, and public relations
- Describe and explain how promotion fits into the marketing mix
- Distinguish between relationship selling and traditional methods
You might want to consider completing our introductory business and management courses before taking on the marketing lessons included here. A solid understanding of the management functions and marketing basics covered in these courses could help you hit the ground running when it comes time to study international markets, consumer decision making, pricing strategy or any of the other topics found in this study guide.
This Principles of Marketing course includes 11 chapters consisting of just over 80 lessons total. Each lesson contains a short video of around six minutes in length. There are also transcripts if you'd rather read the material or take advantage of links to supplementary lessons embedded in the text.
There are also several opportunities to check your understanding of the material. Self-guided multiple-choice quizzes are included at the end of each lesson, and a final CLEP Principles of Marketing practice test is available if you'd like to get a better idea of where you stand in terms of your overall preparedness. You can also chat up our course experts if you need help at any point during your studies.
Principles of Marketing CLEP Exam Information
Questions on the Principles of Marketing CLEP exam address the same content you'd cover in an introductory or basic marketing course. Schools accepting CLEP scores generally allow you to apply credit towards your degree program's general education requirements. You might also be able to fulfill prerequisites for advanced marketing courses.
- Number of Questions: About 100
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
Earn CLEP Credit
Most colleges and universities award three credit hours for each semester-long course you complete. The Principles of Marketing CLEP exam allows you to earn the same amount of credits with just a few weeks of study time and substantially less expense. Additionally, these credits are accepted by several schools and can be earned whenever you're ready to take the test.
Study Schedule for the Principles of Marketing CLEP Exam
Video lessons in this course include around eight hours of instruction. Take a look at the chart below to get a better idea of how you might go about arranging your study time, and find out when you can expect to be ready for the test.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Around 3 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Is IT Possible to Earn College Credit for Free?
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- How to Do Your Best on Every College Test
- How Do I Earn Credit Through Study.com?
- Student Earns Three College Credits and Saves $700 Over Winter Break
- Earn College Credit for Job & Life Experiences with Prior Learning Assessments
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses