- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBoost your understanding of what you'll be tested on when you take the CLEP Principles of Marketing exam and earn college credit using this test prep course. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
You don't have to fork over hundreds of dollars and hours upon hours of your valuable time to earn college credit. With our help, you can prepare for the Principles of Marketing CLEP exam and earn three hours of college credit in just a few weeks and for a fraction of the cost.
Our self-paced instructional videos allow you to study marketing philosophies, research strategies, product promotions, advertising and pretty much everything else you might cover in a one-semester introductory marketing class. Instructors make the material engaging and easy to follow, so you can commit important marketing concepts to memory and ace the exam.
Syllabus & Course Information
Lessons in this course are designed to address each of the CLEP test objectives, which means you'll spend your study time learning about topics covered on the actual exam. By the time you finish, you should be able to do the following:
- Outline marketing ethics and philosophies
- Define competitive advantage
- Detail the marketing environment
- Discuss the international marketplace
- Explain the process of consumer decision making
- Identify advertising, public relations and promotion
- Describe business-to-business marketing
You might want to consider completing our introductory business and management courses before taking on the marketing lessons included here. A solid understanding of the management functions and marketing basics covered in these courses could help you hit the ground running when it comes time to study international markets, consumer decision making, pricing strategy or any of the other topics found in this study guide.
This Principles of Marketing course includes 6 chapters consisting of 45 lessons total. Each of the videos are around eight minutes in length. There are also transcripts if you'd rather read the material. There are also several opportunities to check your understanding of the lessons. Self-guided multiple-choice quizzes are included at the end of each lesson, and a final CLEP Principles of Marketing practice test is available if you'd like to get a better idea of where you stand in terms of your overall preparedness. You can also submit questions to our course experts if you need help at any point during your studies.
Principles of Marketing CLEP Exam Information
Questions on the Principles of Marketing CLEP exam address the same content you'd cover in an introductory or basic marketing course. Schools accepting CLEP scores generally allow you to apply credit towards your degree program's general education requirements. You might also be able to fulfill prerequisites for advanced marketing courses.
- Number of Questions: About 100
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3
- Exam Cost: $85
CLEP Principles of Marketing Exam Breakdown
|CLEP Principles of Marketing Exam Concept||Percent of the CLEP Principles of Marketing Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Role of Marketing in Society||8-13%||10 questions||11 lessons|
|Role of Marketing in a Firm||17-24%||20 questions||6 lessons|
|Target Marketing||22-27%||25 questions||14 lessons|
|Marketing Mix||40-50%||45 questions||14 lessons|
Earn CLEP Credit
Most colleges and universities award three credit hours for each semester-long course you complete. The Principles of Marketing CLEP exam allows you to earn the same amount of credits with just a few weeks of study time and substantially less expense. Additionally, these credits are accepted by several schools and can be earned whenever you're ready to take the test.
Study Schedule for the Principles of Marketing CLEP Exam
Video lessons in this course include around eight hours of instruction. Take a look at the chart below to get a better idea of how you might go about arranging your study time, and find out when you can expect to be ready for the test.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Around 3 weeks|
CLEP is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- Study.com Now Has 150 Courses Available For College Credit
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- How Do I Earn Credit Through Study.com?
- Study.com Updates
- Test Prep
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Massage Therapists Job Information and Requirements for a Career in the Massage Therapies
- Optician Assistant Employment Outlook and Requirements for Becoming an Optician Assistant
- Computer Programming School Top School with Computer Programming Degrees - Houston TX
- Professional Photography Courses
- Furnace Repair Technician Job Description and Employment Info for Students Wishing to Pursue a Career in Furnace Repair
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses