- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 182
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Basic Greetings in Spanish: Greeting Others & Introducing Yourself
This course can be found in: CLEP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ CLEP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryRefresh your knowledge of how to speak and listen to Spanish with this comprehensive study guide. You'll review Spanish grammar and vocabulary as you prepare to take the College-Level Examination Program's (CLEP) Spanish Language exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
34 chapters in CLEP Spanish Language - Levels 1 & 2: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CLEP Courses
About This Course
This course is designed to address various topics relating to speaking and comprehending the Spanish language. You'll review how to tell time, report the weather, say the date and count in Spanish. The guide also contains lessons that go over reading terms in addition to nouns, verbs and gender. You can expect to find the topics discussed in these lessons on the CLEP Spanish Language exam. Help from one of our experts is available in the Dashboard if you need it.
This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
Check out our CLEP test prep materials! We've got CLEP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CLEP study guides to help you study, CLEP practice tests to test your knowledge and informational CLEP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
In our study guide course, we've provided all the resources you'll need to earn a passing score on the CLEP Spanish Language exam. Spanish topics covered include the days of the week, describing people, telling time and the seasons. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to do the following in Spanish:
- Use greetings and introductions
- Understand numbers and how to tell time
- List dates and days
- Demonstrate correct usage of nouns and gender
- Conjugate AR, ER and IR verbs in the present tense
- Describe a house
- Converse about chores and shopping
- Discuss the past and give advice
- Talk about vacations, media and technology
- Use terms for politics and government
- Detail different professions
In 179 lessons grouped into 33 chapters, we've outlined the material you'll need to know before test day. Utilize the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to ensure that you're ready and to identify any areas that need more work.
CLEP Spanish Language Exam Information
The CLEP Spanish Language exam consists of three sections: two listening and one reading. This exam is used to measure the knowledge of students who've taken one to two years of college Spanish.
- Number of Questions: 121
- Question Type: Multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, ordering
- Time Limit: 90 minutes (30 minutes for listening, 60 minutes reading)
- Exam Cost: $87
CLEP Spanish Language Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide covers material you can expect to encounter on the CLEP Spanish Language exam. Lessons that would cover material likely found in the two sections of the Listening portion of the exam include those addressing discussions such as past events, shopping, chores, describing vacations, politics, giving advice and speaking greetings. For the Reading section preparation, lessons are available in reading terms, fables, and advertisements, as well as on nouns, verbs and numbers. You can assess what you know and what you have learned by taking quizzes, and transcripts are printable so you can use them as quick reference tools. There is also a CLEP Spanish practice test at the end of the course.
To register for this or any CLEP exam, you must access the CLEP website and click on Purchase a CLEP Exam. Once you have selected an exam, you will be taken to the My Account portal, where you can create a personal account. You can also search for testing centers nearest to you and schedule your test with your preferred test center.
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Become a Spanish Teacher Online: How-To Guide
- Christian Colleges with Spanish Majors
- Learn to Speak Spanish: Overview of Spanish Learning Options
- GED Prep En Espanol: GED Study Information for Spanish Speakers
- Spanish Language Courses and Classes Overview
- Spanish Language Teacher Career Info
- Spanish Certification and Spanish Language Certificate Program Info
- Spanish Language Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in Spanish
- Spanish As a Second Language Certification Info for Teachers
- Online Spanish Language Certificate Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses