- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 23
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Clinical Study? - Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryThis Clinical Research: Help and Review course is the simplest way to master clinical research concepts and practices. Review short and fun videos focusing on clinical study processes, clinical trials and data research. Practice quizzes help to ensure your full understanding of this material.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For:
Anyone who needs help understanding clinical research material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding clinical trials, data collection, research design, control groups, samples and populations, trial phases, informed consent, ethical and legal considerations, participant protection or any other clinical research topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn sociology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra sociology learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Clinical Research: Help & Review final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is a clinical study?
- Why are clinical trials important?
- How do I collect research data?
- What is a blind study?
- How do I choose a research design and method?
- What is a control group?
- Why do people participate in clinical studies?
- What are the five phases of a clinical trial?
- How are participants protected during clinical studies?
- What are samples and populations?
- How do ethics, legal issues and risk management influence clinical trial design?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Clinical Research Nurse
- Master's in Clinical Research Programs
- Overview of Clinical Research Coordinator Classes and Courses
- Distance Learning Courses in Clinical Research Administration
- How to Become a Clinical Research Scientist: Career Roadmap
- Clinical Research Nurse Certification Information
- Clinical Research Degrees by Program Level
- Clinical Research Associate Training Information
- Clinical Research Training Program Overviews
- Clinical Research Associate Career Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses