- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 175
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Leadership: Leaders & Their Role in Organizations
Course SummaryUse this study guide to prepare for the Certified Manager Leading and Controlling certification exam. The lessons in this course explore all of the exam concepts, while the accompanying quizzes assess your knowledge of these concepts before the day of the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in CM Leading & Controlling Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed to assist you as you study for the Certified Manager Leading and Controlling certification exam. It prepares you for topics the exam might cover and also offers assessments you can use to ensure you're ready for questions on the test. This study guide is broken into chapters with lessons in each that cover a wide variety of management topics, including leadership, organizational control, accounting and financial management. After reviewing these lessons, you will better understand the following:
- Leadership, motivating employees, and dealing with change in the workplace
- Conflict and organizational politics at work
- Different types of workplace misbehavior and how to manage them
- Time and stress management at work
- Organizational control in business
- Managing operations costs, inventory, and quality management in business
- Basics of business accounting and financial statements
- Managing and analyzing finances in business
About the Exam
The Certified Manager (CM®) certification is used to verify an individual's readiness to competently manage and lead. To earn certification, applicants must pass three exams. Among the three exams is Management Skills III: Leading and Controlling. This test consists of 120 multiple-choice questions in the United States or 100 multiple-choice questions, if taken internationally. Exams are proctored in person or online and can be taken on any computer with Internet access for a maximum of 120 minutes. Test results are presented as pass or fail immediately after completion and by email. A CM certification packet and two copies of your CM certificate are sent within four weeks only after receiving official passing results for the third and final exam.
Preparing & Registering for the CM Leading & Controlling - Certified Manager Exam
Enjoy easy-to-navigate chapters to boost your knowledge of leading and controlling as you prepare to take the exam. Lessons in the chapters are available as videos and texts and can be accessed any time, day or night, from your smartphone, tablet or computer. Delve into topics like personal power, the motivation theory, organizational development, conflict resolution and positional power. Lessons also explore employee behavior, white-collar crime, employee rights, time management, clan control and cost efficiency. Boost your knowledge of materials planning, GAAP, assets, liquidity ratio and sources of financing. When ready, test your knowledge of these topics by taking short quizzes, chapter exams and a course exam. Any questions you have about the lessons can be submitted to our experts.
To take the Certified Manager Leading and Control certification exam, you must fill out a Certified Manager Application online. This application verifies your eligibility to take the exams. Among the personal details requested on the application are your name and address, education and management training, current certifications, experience and military service, if applicable. Each detail you add provides you with points that determine your eligibility. A minimum of 10 points must be accumulated with minimum requirements for education and experience. The application review process occurs every Tuesday and Thursday with approval notifications sent via email within five business days.
Certified Manager (CM®) exams are registered trademarks of The Institute of Certified Professional Managers, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Emergency Nurse Exam and Certification Requirements
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam and Licensing Information
- Certified Coding Specialist: Exam and Licensing Information
- Certified Dietary Manager Course Information
- Texas Principal Certification Exam Requirements
- How to Become a Teacher in Connecticut: Certification Exam & Requirements
- Brick Masons Employment Info and Requirements for Starting a Career in Brick Masonry
- Phd in Astrophysics Jobs Salary
- SAP Solution Architect Job Description and Info About Becoming a SAP Solution Architect
- Crystal Reports Developer Job Description and Info About Becoming a Crystal Reports Developer
- Distance Learning Doctoral Degree Programs in Counseling Psychology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses