- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 138
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Strategic Plans in Business? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryPrepare for the CM Planning and Organizing exam with this comprehensive course that goes over all of the topics you need to know. Simply work through these lessons and quizzes to review what you need to and see how well you understand the essentials of planning and organizing in management.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
20 chapters in CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The online video lessons contained within this course go over the topics you will need to know for the Certified Manager (CM) Planning and Organizing Module Exam. Each lesson teaches you about specific points related to strategies and issues that pertain to effective managerial leadership. By reviewing these lessons, you will attain a greater understanding of:
- How to build business strategy
- The definition and skills of project management
- Diversity in the workplace
- Workplace coaching and feedback
- Employee hiring and training
- Ways to run an effective meeting
About the Exam
The CM Planning and Organizing exam is one of three required to earn the Certified Manager credential. This exam module is comprised of 120 multiple-choice questions, for which you will have 120 minutes to complete. The questions will assess you on some of the major topics related to management, business planning, and employee issues, among other management and business topics. The exam is proctored, and you can take a live, online exam or use an approved in-person proctor. Upon completing the exam, you will be given an unofficial pass/fail. Official grading reports will be sent after the 16th of the month and will contain additional feedback on your performance.
CM Planning & Organizing Exam Preparation & Registration
When watching these video lessons, you will learn about the main points on how to plan and organize as a manager that will be included in questions on this module of the 3-part CM exam. The lessons' instructors all have specific expertise in these areas, so you can be sure that you will come away with all the information you'll need to do well on the exam. Once you have completed all of the lessons, make sure that you assess how well you can recall some of the main points by taking the practice quizzes also included in the chapter.
You can apply to take the exam on the Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) website. Registration is available year-round, with applications reviewed every Tuesday and Thursday. To be eligible for the exam, you'll need to accumulate a required number of education and professional points, which can be attained from training courses or other professional certifications.
The CM Planning & Organizing Exam is a registered trademark of The Institute of Certified Professional Managers, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Finding Work Abroad: What You Need to Know
- Wellness Quizzes
- What You Need to Know About Transferring Credits
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing a Graduate Adviser
- What You Need to Know Before Applying to a PhD Program
- What You Need to Know About the History of US & Russia Relations
- Digital Photography Diploma Programs in CA
- Top Networking and Communications Technology Degree - Oklahoma City OK
- Top University for a Career in Human Resource Management - Orlando FL
- Business Degree Top Ranked School with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration - St Louis MO
- Hampton University
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses