- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Coaching in the Workplace: Definition & Importance
Course SummaryIf your company's managers need to learn or review basic coaching concepts, have them complete this online corporate training course. Inside, they'll find a series of engaging lessons and assessments that can be reviewed at work or at home.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This professional development course is a great resource for front-line managers who want to adopt coaching practices in the workplace. Using a simplified and engaging teaching style, our instructors help your managers learn about the coaching process and how to effectively communicate with employees and provide constructive employee feedback. The lessons highlight key terms and definitions, and they use plenty of real-world examples to reinforce learning.
How It Works
This course is designed to be simple, convenient and enjoyable. Your supervisors can access the course at any time using their desktops, laptops or mobile devices.
Using the course is easy:
- Bite-sized video and text-based lessons cover foundational professional coaching concepts
- Short quizzes help managers memorize key terms and remember important coaching methods
- Expert instructors can answer any questions your employees may have about professional coaching
- A final course exam helps managers remember the coaching topics they've studied
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Front-line managers will develop an awareness of the benefits of coaching in the workplace.
- Covers basic coaching methods: The course outlines several methods and models that are used in professional workplace coaching.
- Improves coaching skills: Supervisors who complete this course will be able to utilize these coaching strategies to effectively communicate and give feedback to their employees.
After finishing the course, your company's managers should understand the following:
- The purpose of coaching for front-line managers
- Professional coaching concepts
- The process of workplace coaching
- Methods and models for workplace coaching
- Communication and feedback in workplace coaching
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Database Administrator Course Reviews
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Online Artificial Intelligence Course Reviews
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Learn Visual Basic Online: Overview of Online Training Options
- Online Office Manager Course and Training Information
- Online Auto Body Courses and Classes Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses