- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Course SummaryThis course is designed to help employees in your organization collaborate effectively as a team. These mobile-friendly resources offer a flexible way for employees to learn about the characteristics of a solid work team and get tips for successful team development.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course offers video lessons that outline the characteristics of effective teams and share strategies for developing teams that collaborate with ease. After completing each video, employees can take a self-assessment quiz to gauge their comprehension of lesson concepts. Instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have about the chapters.
How It Works
The short video lessons, about five minutes apiece, can be viewed in a training session, or individually on a computer or mobile device. If you want your managers and team leaders to view some lessons and their team members to watch others, you can single out those videos and gauge their comprehension of the concepts with lesson quizzes.
Training features in this course include:
- Engaging video lessons designed to encourage effective team collaboration
- Full video transcripts that enable workers to review group development and communication strategies and other concepts away from their computers
- Lesson quizzes that test employees' comprehension of effective team characteristics and development
- Chapter exams to verify understanding of key chapter concepts
- A final exam to ensure workers comprehend the entire course
How It Helps
- Creates effective teams: The course helps your employees build effective teams that can collaborate successfully to accomplish company goals.
- Strengthens production: Learning to collaborate effectively can encourage employees to work together to improve your company's productivity and efficiency .
- Improves work relationships: Lessons in this course can give your employees the skills they need to build cohesion and create a team environment .
Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Defining the work team in contemporary business
- Identifying characteristics of effective teams
- Tuckman's five stages of group development
- How to manage groupthink to avoid ill-advised decision-making
Developing Effective Work Teams
- Learning how to become a cohesive group
- Determining the role of group members and how to help them communicate effectively
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of group decision-making
- Creating an environment for effective listening and collaborative team efforts
- Determining team member roles
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses