- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1College 101 Course Orientation & Objective
Course SummaryWelcome to College 101 with Study.com! Get an introduction to the world of hospitality with this fast and fun course that lays out the basics of online learning as you learn the fundamentals of the business.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Come and see how much fun online learning can be with this introductory course for students who are just beginning their journey into the hospitality business. In this quick course, you'll become familiar with the fundamentals of essential topics, such the food and beverage industry, management theory and employee communications. At the same time, you'll be getting a hands-on demonstration of how courses work on Study.com. Best of all, the lessons and quizzes you complete in this intro course will help you make progress towards the courses you'll need to complete later on.
How It Works
Work through each course chapter at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like. All contents are totally online, and all you need is your computer or a mobile device! You'll love working with:
- Clearly organized chapters that break tricky industry and management concepts down into quick and interesting lessons
- Lesson quizzes to help ensure your understanding of the precepts of the hospitality business as you learn
- Chapter tests to challenge your retention of course material or to use as a refresher later down the road
- A study schedule that allows total flexibility; you decide when and how you want to review course materials
How It Helps
- Familiarizes the basics: The chapters you'll study in this course are introductions to other full-size courses you will need to complete later on in your hospitality program of study.
- Introduces online learning: As you learn about industry basics, you will also get a complete demonstration of how Study.com works and discover how to make the most of your online studies.
- Promotes ongoing practice: Hone your business skills and knowledge anytime with lesson quizzes and the included subject-based flashcards.
After working through each chapter in this course, you should understand:
- How to use Study.com correctly and effectively
- How to complete assignments and take an exam with Study.com
- The history, operations and management structure of the food and beverage industry
- The basics of Classical, Neoclassical and Behavioral management theory
- Fundamental theories related to employee motivation (needs-based, behavior-based, etc.)
- How to communicate and mediate effectively at work
- How to use flashcards on Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- A World of Learning: Study.com Speaks With the CEO of Room to Read
- Math Courses Online: Distance Learning College Math Programs
- List of Free Online Film Courses and Learning Materials
- Online Baking Courses and Learning Programs
- Online College Courses in World Music: Course Descriptions
- Graduating with a Business Degree? Learn How to Work From Home with Study.com
- Online Learning From A to Z
- Online Courses for Learning Spoken English: Course Summaries
- College Apps 101: Princeton Review Expands Online Course Offerings
- Learn Copywriting From Home Courses Available Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses