- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1College 101 Course Orientation & Objective
Course SummaryUse this professional development course to help your employees review essential retail business concepts and learn about how Study.com's courses work. The course is designed to help employees who want to strengthen their professional retail skills through online learning.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
College 101: College Prep & Retail Business Lite is a convenient online professional development course that can quickly improve your staff's retail knowledge and skills. Inside the course, your employees will find engaging lessons and quizzes that cover the foundations of business management theory, workplace communication strategies, motivation in the workplace, retail operations and more. Your employees will also learn how to take advantage of Study.com's resources to learn effectively. The course is available 24/7, and it's accessible on any computer or mobile device.
How It Works
The course's online format makes it easy to study retail fundamentals whenever it's convenient. You can have your employees work through the course during a training session, or have them review the lesson materials at home.
Using the course is simple:
- Bite-sized video lessons explain basic retail terms, methods and concepts
- Lesson quizzes and chapter exams help your employees reinforce their understanding of retail organization
- Interactive flashcards help employees memorize concepts they learned from the lessons
- A comprehensive course exam ensures that your employees have established an understanding of retail basics
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your staff will develop a thorough understanding of retail business fundamentals
- Offers helpful tutorials: The course shows employees how to effectively use Study.com's features to learn about the retail industry.
- Improves retail skills: Employees who complete this course will strengthen their retail organization, management and professional communication skills
After finishing the course, your company's employees should be able to:
- Get started with Study.com
- Work with Study.com flashcards
- Understand the foundations of business management theory
- Discuss the importance of communication and motivation at work
- Recognize basic retail operations and organization concepts
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Retail Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Online Courses for Professional Caregivers of Infants & Toddlers
- Online Courses and Education Programs in Professional Photography
- Online Degree in Professional Counseling with Course Information
- Online Retail Management Graduate Degree Programs with Course Info
- Retail Buyer Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses